NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Julia_O:

New artificial intelligence Software now translates using statistical methods, comparing millions of possibilities a second.

It is actually so accurate that when it was demonstrated in China, translating from english into Chinese, the computer actually saying not just printing out - people in the audience were in tears...

This is why they need an english version that says EXACTLY what they want it to say, as an AI translator from the original languages would immediately EXPOSE their deliberate changes. This way when they roll out the new version in other languages, it will be an AI translation from THEIR english version.

See "The NWT - A reliable version?" by Gary Zeola, which shows the deliberate distortions in just ONE of Paul's letters.

HB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder if there's been a babelfish translation of the Bible.

• sir82
    sir82

I speculated on this a few months back (shameless plug):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/257518/1/100-pure-unadulterated-speculation-what-changes-would-a-New-New-World-Tranlsation-contain

I may even be more shameless and bump that thread

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"Malawi: After Davide began to study with Jehovah's Witnesses, members of a local Baptist organization went into his home and took back the Bible that they had given to him. Therefore, the release of the New World Translation in Chichewa was a dream come true for Davide.
    Since Bibles are so expensive in Malawi, Davide had wondered how he could ever obtain another one. But when he was given a copy of the New World Translation, he said: "Now I have a better Bible than I used to have!"

...."To accomplish that aim, Jehovah's Witnesses have published over 175 million copies of the New World Translation."

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/nwt-bible-mother-tongue/

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I really, really want it to be the LOLCATS version.

@ Sapphy.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Do you think that this phrase; " The New World Bible Translation Committee" requested that the Watch Tower Society not publish the names of its members, stating that they did not want to "advertise themselves but let all the glory go to the Author of the Scriptures, God" will be incorporated into the forward?

Will 'real scholars' with real credintials be used to un-bias the "Newer World Translation". Not a chance! Will we be informed whether the questionable parts of the NWT after Mark 16 vs 8 and after John 7:53- 8 vs 11 should be the 'short conclusion' or the 'long conclusion'. How can "all Scripture be inspired of God" if we are not sure which conclusion to believe?

And yep, since the decline in publishing WT's and Awakes!, they need something to keep the presses and revenue rolling.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Condensed down to one phrase:

"OBEY THE GOVERNING BODY OR DIE AT ARMEGGEDON"!!!!!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Sapphy”: “ I would bet that they haven't gone back and retranslated the Bible from the Hebrew & Greek, I reckon they've done English to English. This is probably just a reworking of the NWT from the awful strangled English in the current NWT to a slightly simpler version. ”

I’m sure you must be right in that they wouldn’t have bothered doing any re-translating or re-clarifying from the original Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic languages. It will just be a “reworked” (i.e., massaged) English-to-English version. The analogy I can think of is an old photocopy of a photocopy – of course, the more times you make a new generation photocopy (copy of a copy), the more it degenerates. The Governing Body should really advertise this as being, not a new generation copy, but a new degeneration copy! All they’re really doing just is compiling a synopsis, or simplified summary, of the degenerate work they already came up with and running with it, just to sort of “sound it down” more efficiently.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Definitely. Who would bother to go back to original languages? If they did, their doctrine would be blown out of the water.

Loved the lolcat version. Very clever!

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

News?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit