NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

I wonder if there will be instructions that you *must* use the new version, or if there will evolve a two tier congregation of traditionalists vs GB followers.

I bet it will be like the new song books - you just have to move with the chariot.

Splash

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What is modern english for Mentally Deaseased? Organizational Challenged?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sounds as if the release may be accompanied by a really special plea for more moneeeeeeey...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I agree with JULIA ORWELL. This will be "The Bible For Dummies," but with a few twists and turns which enhance their power and control, e.g. replacing "loose conduct" with the even looser "brazenness" etc. . . .

The guise that "theez yung kidz deez dayz no comprendo hard biblewords" makes as much sense as cancelling the ever-important Bookstudy because gas is expensive.

Bullshit.

The reason the bible can't be understood isn't because it isn't translated perfectly, it's BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE A LICK OF SENSE!

(Sorry believers!)

Anyway, even if you do believe the bible is god's word, why in the hell would you need a brandy-new translation when the end is soooooooo close?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

All apostates should order ten copies and donate no money. It could bring this sucker down!

• Gayle
    Gayle

So what is the guess what average donation will be?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

All apostates should order ten copies and donate no money. It could bring this sucker down!

Yes! I like this idea!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Dialogue from a 'proJW' website:

POSTER #1:

Dang, that could get expensive if all we have are the Reference Bibles and leather bound bibles.

POSTER #2:

I thought so too. Especially if those are also the same bibles we place with people.
    But maybe we'll be encouraged strongly to contribute to the printing costs. I hope they'll mention how much it costs to produce them, that would give us an idea.
    And maybe we'll be encouraged to make sure never to forget to mention the donation ( or is it contribution?) arrangement especially when placing bibles.

Yeah, how better raise some cash in the electronic publishing age. . . . .

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Nothing but a money grab. You will sound like an idiot (besides for the usual reasons) if your the only one reading verses out of the "old" bible. Everyone will need the new one. There will be talks about how expensive these are and how the flock of ducks need to donate or else they will displease Jehovah. They need to make up for the dough thats being baked for Candice Conti and others.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

But what about the translation into all the other languages? It's taken decades to translate into a heap of languages, and some languages only have the NT or only books of the NT, especially more obscure languages. So consider, a new version will have to be translated into those languages all over again, taking decades, unless they have only made a few changes to the base text.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit