NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The following is part of an email from a retired District Overseer in the States. (source private)

"The new Bible will be released at the AGM and I understand only two versions will be printed from now on. The Reference Bible and the Deluxe leather bound version. No more small Bibles and no paperback. They have worked hard on the binding and when you open it, it will lay flat. It will be in “modern” English as many young people do not understand many of the words used in the current edition." Spread the Word! They ain't gonna be cheap to "donate" for!

• cofty
    cofty
    It will be in “modern” English as many young people do not understand many of the words used in the current edition."

"I'm fed up, Noah, with what's happenin' 'round here, innit. These folks ain't what's happenin' anymore, so I'm gonna do what I gotta do, and end things once and for all. Man, I'm gonna blow the brothers clear outta the water." - Genesis 6

• minimus
    minimus

Competition for the Living Bible.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

It will be in “modern” English as many young people do not understand many of the words used in the current edition."

You gotta be kiddin me. LOL LOL HA HA

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    It will be in “modern” English as many young people do not understand many of the words used in the current edition

Like the word, 'truth'?

• SAHS
    SAHS

Does that mean that the translation into Pidgin English will be even funnier? Will there be a Patois (Patwa or Patwah) tranlation also? Not THAT would be funny!

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

they could make any thing out of the meaning of the bible with language like that. WoW I would'nt be suprised.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Revelations 22:21

The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes! - The Message

May the grace of the Lord Jesus [the Anointed One] [a] be with all [the saints]. [b] Amen. - The Voice

But I like cofty's selection better.

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Nwt re - revision or new version ?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Modern English means they are going to add/embellish some things.

The JWs are going to go wild over this. Prepare yourselves for the phone calls about this new loving provision at the proper time and how this is a clear sign we are on the brink...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit