NEW BIBLE

by The Searcher 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• L3G
    L3G

Excuse me but what is the AGM? The annual meeting in the fall? If so, what's the G stand for?

• cofty
    cofty

Annual General Meeting.

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Annual general meeting

• Splash
    Splash

Annual General Meeting.

Every company has one.

Splash

(Edit: lol, three times for emphasis!)

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Cofty lol

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Watch this space. Do you think the GB will sign this one too?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow so this is for real? What an interesting development.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't think that many things will change. I suppose it would be too much to ask that they print a document to be peer reviewed of all of the changes and the reasoning behind them benign or theologically relevant.

Oh well.

Maybe it is a revenue generator. If you get a new translation and it has to be used everywhere, just think about how many new bibles will need to be donated for!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They're on a trend of simplifying things. Dumbing them down. Maybe it's part of the 'low hanging fruit' ploy. Or as George Orwell put forth, that narrowing the range of vocabulary narrows the range of thought, because if certain words are done away with, so are the concepts attached to them, such as freedom and rights. Words become rigidly defined, and all shades of meaning or subsidiary meanings are rubbed out; thus the range of thought is narrowed, and no one has the vocabulary to commit thoughtcrime or apostasy.

It's all discussed in 1984.

• Comatose
    Comatose

This is just an opportunity to rewrite books as well. Lots of money to be made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit