Proof of Noah's Flood - Presently watching a Documentary about Europe & the Ice Age

by *lost* 170 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

fade toblack: I will Pm you soon. since you did not answer my question regarding experimental archaeology, you have not found out? I will let you know.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

confusedandalone: I can see why you chose that name.

Here, I salute you and give you the final say. Live long and prosper.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@BOTH: sorry again. I didn't want to suggest that 'experminental' sounds like unqualified of uncredentialed. If you mean you are a history buff or interested in archeology, that's great. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would probably choose either archeology or linguistics. Peace. If I told you I was an 'experimental' gynecologist what would you conclude? Perhaps 'experimental' was a bad choice of words and you meant: amateur. Nothing wrong with that.

Could I ask if English is your native language?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Hang on hang on, let's go back. Forget carbon dating, forget the water canopy or the ancient Jewish view of the firmament. Forget archaeology.

The wooden box that the 600 hundred year old man built, contained all the life that was to be preserved. That was the idea of this giant wooden box. Any life outside of this box (let's just assume it floated no problem and wasn't destroyed in the deluge itself) perished. Gone forever.

So the rain stops, or the canopy is fully collapsed or the water under the earths surface stops spewing out of the ground, whichever way we want imagine it, and the water recedes.

Now we have one box on top of mountain that contains all the diverse range of life that this planet is now home to. One tiny little wooden box.

Have I missed something? I may have skipped important details, and I am not talking about important details that only further disprove this ancient story.

Fill me in on the blanks please, because there are many and they are quite sizable. I am sorry, but this whole story just seems wacky to me.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@2+2=5: I'm just trying to approach it from a different angle to discredit the WTS. Let's just assume the account as described is true (which I don't). Could it have happened in 2370BC as the WTS teaches? If we can get someone to at least agree that this doesn't make any sense, perhaps they will start to question other things the WTS teaches/promotes.

• cofty
    cofty

Brother of the Hawk - You ignored everything I said about biogeography. It's obvious you don't want to deal with it. Would you like me to explain the origins of the oppossum? It will make no difference to my questions but if yo insist I will tell you about America's only marsupial.

Changes in radiation levels have zero effect on radiometric dating. How can an archaeologist not know that?

How is it possible that you claim to be an archaeologist and yet you don't know that C14 dating has nothing to do with dating the age of the earth?

Radiometric dating methods are astonishingly reliable and accurate. The earth is 4.54 billion years old. This is confirmed by multiple fields of science.

Fossils of water creatures on top of mountains is precisely what we would expect. How can an archaeologist not understand plate tectonics?

If there was a global flood why is it that creatures appear in the layers in a totally predictable way?

Why has there never been 1 single fossil found out of order? 1 rabbit fossil in pre-Cambrian rock would destroy evolution and earn the person who wote the paper a Nobel prize.

Is an "experimental" archaeologist somebody who finds fossils as a hobby and then makes stuff up?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@fade - there is no way in which entire civilizations could have progressed to the point that Egypt and Sumeria had in 180 years. I amsure someone may reason that maybe the were "closer to perfection" and then your whole LOGICAL line of reasoning will be dashed to pieces. I FULLY understand what you are saying and it makes total sense. However, when trying to explain it to someone who does not have the mental fortitude to question their own beliefs it won't matter... unfortunately

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Ther is not evidence of the Flood or Noah's Ark. A number of years ago a bunch of Christian scientists went out to prove the existence of Noah's Ark but after many years gave up and acknowledged terhe was no proof. The problem of how the Australian animals got to and from the Ark is just one of many logical problems with the Bible theory. The problem with Bible literalists is that they assume the Bible is true and then hunt around for anything they can grab onto to support that rahter tgahn starting from an unbaised viewpoint and objectivley weighin up the evidence. This is why you can never win an argument with a witness - they assume they know the truth and clutch for anything to support their view and disregard or try to repute anything that doesn't. And if that fails they simply attack the motives fo the eprson saying it.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'll tell you what doesn't make sense and anyone with a brain can see it. If the flood left only 4 men, and Babel happened 120-180 years later then what the hell man?! Noah's sons didn't tell their kids about the flood? In just three generations or so the earth got so bad that god had to make up different languages and turn people black and yellow and red???

If you actually believe that you have mental problems.

• *lost*
    *lost*

comatose

quick reply, I haven't got time today.

As I have a very active life to live at the moment, so not much time for sitting in front of pc all day.

How juvenile and derogatory of you. Does it make you feel good to assume a fake personna and insult and mock and ridicule people ?

Rather than allow people the opportunity to engage in their thoughts and discussions on the subjects that were

'hammered into them' from an young age' you would rather stifle discussion ?

That in itself is actually telling. It is the kind of quality we find in controllers and bullies. More constraints of the kind of environment that spwans and controls jws.

You would deny discussion, unless it fits with your ideas and you higher learning of education adn intellect ?

Notably - you yourself have not offered or contributed anything of merit or consideration to assist.

You would like for me to not ask questions ?

LMFAO - YOU ARE NOT IN THE KH NOW BUDDY. This is the real world, u=you don't get to ram it down anyones throat on what they should believe and why?

Had enough of that crap from the jw and their organisation.

Or maybe you are just here to be Cofyty's cheerleader ?

Cofty is a big boy, he knows his stuff, he doesn't need you back him up. Or maybe you just like to 'grease' his ego.

Notably Comatose - you have not stated if you watched the documentary in question ? yet here you are telling everyone what to believe and why ?

So, therefore, you are in ignorance of the subject in question, which is the topic here. Which is precisely what the thread is about.

But, hey, if name calling and putting down others make's you feel better about yourself, and gives you a sense of value and worth, enjoy the feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit