You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Or rather inconvenient since it does not lend itself to rationalist or materialist refutation.

Rationality is the God of scientistic devotees. They've swapped one God for another, and some might say have been short changed.

• cofty
    cofty

Rhetoric with no substance, but it makes you feel better to think that everybody is equally irrational. Sleep well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You seem to feel better believing there are definite answers and we can find them. I admire your optimism.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Is it the rational intellectual honesty that bothers you the most ? "

- YES lol

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

- LisaRaye "the belief in the religion was a usefully construct, as it explained away the bad things in the world (Don't worry about anything, God will fix that!), and held out a hope of life in the JW "lion petting" paradise. "

This is exactly the feeling I had

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think it is disappointing to see two of my favourite posters Tal and cofty being like this. I think they are both intellectually honest people. And I will always have a deep respect for both of them. Personally I think they just have a different approach to situations. Thats life. We are all different. We all have our moments. But overall, I think both posters have great discussions. I have learnt a lot from both of them. And I am glad they were both here when I needed their wisdom and insight.

• cofty
    cofty
    I think it is disappointing to see two of my favourite posters Tal and cofty being like this.

Being like what? I've never said a bad word against Talesin.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Just the negative feelings cofty...it wasn't a criticism. And to be honest. I haven't seen you say anything bad about tal. I'm not really sure what that is all about. But when I see it...it always makes me cringe. Because I enjoy both of your posts. And have learnt so much from both of you.

• cofty
    cofty

Tal has contempt for me and she feels the need to shout about it on a regular basis - I couldn't care less.

The past few pages since then have been very interesting.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Fascinating...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit