You atheist really annoyed me

by confusedandalone 226 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The teaching of love and care to those who are less fortunate .

I've seen some very compassionate things come out some Christian based organizations.

• cofty
    cofty

Finkelstein - There are loving christians and hateful christians just as there are loving and hateful atheists.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Atheism isn't a "thing" that can be evangelised. It is simply a lack of belief in god. Nobody is converted "to" atheism.'

Since i'm one of the atheists who still believes in woo, and therefore not rational, i'm not yet totally converted to atheism, or to science. Obviously.

S

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You obviously subscribe to the yeti theory of God that Terry Eagleton often mentions.

? 5:18 ? 5:18 www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgMB_jSx3lk 29 Sep 2009 - Uploaded by TempletonFoundation A conversation between Terry Eagleton, author of "Reason, Faith, and ...Clip 4: " Ditchkins ...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Obviously.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I meant Cofty, obviously you do not

• Satanus
    Satanus

:/

• cofty
    cofty

No I obviously don't.

Its up to the believer in any model of "godness" to explain her/his interpretation and we can talk about how it corresponds to reality.

I sometimes cringe when I read atheists on this forum debunking a god nobody believes in. I was an ardent student of theology and a passionate christian for almost a decade. I know what it is I reject.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What if one believes in a God about whom nothing can be said? Have you heard of negative theology?

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I have. Its vacuous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit