1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

This is one of the articles that my dad photocopied for me from the bound volumes, when I told him I wanted to go to college to be a structural engineer.

Another article he copied for me stated that there was not enough time to even finish a four year education as the system would be over with by then.

This was in the 70's that we had this "discussion" and I reminded him of the false expecations for the year 1975, of which he had totally bought into. Unfortuneately, I didn't have the strength to leave the family and proceed with my better judgement. This is one decision I Kick Myself For day after day.

Again, How could my family have been so fooled by this corporation???? Bull S*****??????

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My parents are very quick to deny ever teaching me the same prophetic mumbo jumbo that they insisted I believed when I was a kid. Articles like these make make liars out of them.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Ditto to most of these statements. I was assured throughout my life that i would not graduate HS, not have to worry about a career and finances, certainly never need to think about retirement - even using that word is taboo for a JW. Article after article tells people not to even consider it. Now I'm almost 40 my wife is older than me and would like to retire soon..... Trusted prophets of god do not mislead people like this. Just one more proof of "false prophecy".....

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

The truth hurts some people so much that denying what they said is part of their defence system (and calling the ones who tell the truth liars).

My parents were of the older types: because we are the parents you just obey and never ever call us liars... my dad is still like that: facts that happened in my life were just waved away... "are you crazy or something?" ... o well...

You simply can not help people who do not want to listen to reason... that is the reason people stay in after false prophecies: they are affraid to face the fact that they were wrong: it is all about pride really

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Millenium Awake (I think) ca: 1989/90. "It is UNTHINKABLE" that the world will be celebrating the new millenium in 2000 and that Christ will not have commenced HIS 1000 year reign". Tried to find the article at a couple of KHs in the bound volumes to show my daughters. Seemed to have been removed. Also difficult to find on the CD Rom. I think I found it tho, and above sentence had been changed to "it is wise not to speculate". Asked an elder if this was in order (it is pure deception, isn't it? - Didn't say that to him of course!) and should they not just leave what they originally printed? He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Don't worry about it".

• Vanderhoven7
  • VM44
    VM44

Did the author of that 1969 article understand how to use properly the word "fact"?

One can say that the article had its desired effect in keeping many young people from attending college at the time.

I do not think the author cared then or now whether he was correct in what he wrote.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Articles like these make make liars out of them [my parents].

It makes liars out of the GB (or Jehovah's Spirit Directed Channel) as well.

Doc

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This 1969 Awake article is yet another example of the WTBTS putting their big foot in their mouth and another reason why I less and less take them and their literature seriously!

Thank you for posting.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/249196/1/1969-Awake-Volume-50-never-grow-old

• this is a topic I started with the 1969 WT bound volume I have...the above link has the page showing this article. No getting around it when it's in print!

Yes lives were lost and many are too old to really regain their lives back!

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit