1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This quote can still be found on "Watchtower On Line" , their official library.

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah p.216

(1971)

Actually, back in the early seventies that did not seem a remarkable thing to say. We were so keyed up that we were talking of months, not years, to Armageddon. .....

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I was born in 1979.
    I definitely am growing old in this system

I was born in the 1940's. Little George would never have to go to school in this old system. As I progressed through school, at least I would never leave and have to get a job....get married etc etc.

Well I am really old now and the old system is still going and will still be going long after I am gone and forgotten. My only consolation is that I went to Uni which has been a great help. There are so many in my congregation that are kept by the DSS (aka this old system).

George

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

Dear Brothers,

Please do not be alarmed by those who dare speak out against us as Jehovah's mouthpiece. While some may use this statement we made one-half century ago, and that we covertly claimed came directly from Jehovah's mouth to our ear, and that we provided to you dear brothers and sisters as food at the proper time in order to keep your anticipation of the end that was soon to come, we can confidently say that we were correct!

Before the end of the twentieth century we did in fact see the fulfillment of our words. As we have seen ample proof of, the battle did in fact start as evidence shows. We saw the battle lines drawn by our increased internet presence in the late twentieth century continuing until now, the thousands of languages we have been able to publish the message of impending death and destruction for all who do not get baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses, and the way we have been blessed with increasing light proving that we were chosen as and continue to be the only source of communication between God Almighty and people humble enough to accept our direction, even when it does not seem to make any sense.

Please be assured of our love. And show your love in return by sending money to WTB&T$.

Your masters over your faith,

Governing Body

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

(bump back to the top - BBTTT)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit