1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm gonna sue!

You wrote my life story.

(Well not the daughter, granddaugher ggdaughter part. Time will tell.)

Why was I so damn slow to see the (real) light? (vs the New Light).

Doc [shaking head in disbelief]

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Had a family member that laughed any time a comment was made about the end. They would always bring up that article. They chose to plan for tomorrow. Now, they are in their 60's, and while others of their contemporaries are struggling to pay the bills, they have a fairly secure retirement, health care, a nice home. Whenever their name comes up in the circle of conversation, they are never applauded for their forward thinking, but rather, condemned for "lacking faith" or "appreciation." Envy is a green monster.

SOP

• mouthy
    mouthy

At 86 now I remember preaching that to the folks that would open there doors.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I was 16 when this Awake came out.

It had a profoundly negative effect on my working life as I believed they knew what they were talking about.

Thank goodness I hated pioneering so much I didn't spend much time at it.

I wish the WT would own their cock ups rather then saying some believed as if it was nothing to do with them.

I too feel nauseous seeing that crap again.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

That's right SoP it was seen as a lack of faith to plan for your future in 'this old world'.

My parents kept me in education for longer than the state specified & they had a lot of aggro from other JW's for doing this.

The borg wanted kids to leave education as soon as possible & pioneer to do otherwise was showing you didn't really believe what the FDS said (or whatever they are called now) & was tantamount to disobeying Jehovah as they had the hotline to God & nobody else.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

How do you feel about that now mouthy?

How did they get us to believe they knew the 'end was soooo near'?

Hope you are well.

Hoab xx

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

According to this article, we've been in Paradise Erf for a few years now. Time to go find some lions to pet...

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Notice also the Watchtower CDs start the Awake magazines at 1970, hmmmmmm very interesting...

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I was 15 when that awake came out. My father was so happy to tell me not to have any friends in the world, don't worry about high school getting good grades, don't worry about any type of job that would support a family, don't worry about getting married or having children. I think what really made him happy was he no longer had to be responsible in raising me properly because the Wt. god told him so. Next year I will be 60 and guess what happen. A few months before he died back in 2009 he could not believe the Big A never happen in his lifetime. But like all good cult members never and I mean never did he question the Wt. god's. Now my brother who is 70 years old is waiting for the Big A to happen any day before he dies. The beat keeps going on. Totally ADD

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

How stupid was I to fall for this ?

And I DID, lock stock and barrel, a fifteen year old

convert, standing up to my family "persecuting" me.

Marrying some retard with no education,

a man 12 years older than me who was barely functional.

But he was a "brother" I and I thought that would make

everything perfect. I was 18 years old, my father cried

at my wedding but not for the usual reasons.

My father was a college professor, an engineer.

My brother was a lawyer, my uncle, an architect.

They looked on with stunned disbelief at my

life choices, I now join them in stunned disbelief,

looking back on wasted opportunities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit