1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

The GB maintains its control by framing every criticism as persecution and every effort to investigate as lack of faith.

When confronted with the evidence, JWs repeat the mantra about the light getting brighter and brighter.

Everyone here understands what that was like.

Don't beat yourself up for buying the WT line as long as you did.

Be grateful that you quit buying it and got out.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I graduated from High School about two weeks after that was published. Now I'm collecting social security. So much for never growing old (although, I don't feel old).

• titch
    titch

Interesting topic...I, myself, like several people responding, was 15 at the time. And, there were many, many of my contemporaries in the congregation that I was associated with who decided to "drop out" of high school, and pioneer, deciding to get their high-school diploma through some kind of correspondence school. But, almost without exception, none of them graduated from high school through "correspondence school." But, my parents insisted that I at least complete high school, get a high school diploma, and would hear nothing about my "dropping out" to become a Pioneer. And, I did graduate with a diploma! A few months after graduating, I was "out in service" one day with some of my contemporaries, and later that day, we had a picnic in a nearby city park. And, without exception, all of my friends at the time congratulated me for sticking it out in high school and getting my diploma. All of them had been living with the mindset that school would "corrupt you", it would expose you to too many "worldy" influences, and they never did get at least a high school diploma. All of them had dropped out because of just a few classes that they didn't like or enjoy. Oh, well, that was 40 years ago....Best regards, everyone.

Titch

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was 12 years old in 1969, I remember that article. Twelve years old is a very impressionable age. Shame on the watchtower!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was baptised in 1969, graduated high school in 1972. I very much took this advice to heart and did not attend college. That decision affected my entire life in a very negative way. I am fortunate to be OK financially, but no thanks to the Watchtower. I'm am 58 now, growing old in this system, something the Watchtower said would never happen. Since the Watchtower pretends they did not predict the end in 1975, it's hard to explain how widely accepted this teaching was. I know of no dub who didn't believe the end would come in 75. This is an evil cult that teaches people to make bad decision based on false predictions.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I think the Watchtower is evil too LisaRose.

Surely God can't be behind the WBTS just trying to push us to our limits of credulity & then when we can no longer stomach the rubbish the borg comes out with he scrubs us out of his 'book of life' & then kills us at the Big A?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I think they are trying to dump all of us and use that new complex for a different MLM scheme!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Does anyone know how to get a copy of this magazine or download it somewhere.

I'd like to have it in the bookcase near my front door when JW's call.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

While it is futile in most cases, to try to "rescue" a jw

I keep thinking,, what if, someone credible had shown me

the same things that finally released me ? Crisis of Conscience

did that for so many people. It was a reasoned argument, well

stated in a non threatening way and the impact of that book

was cleansing and freeing to so many. You never know who

you are talking to and something just might take down the veil

that is covering their eyes. I imagine the pedophile cases, if they

become well enough known, might release many.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HOABHow do I feel now??? First of all very sad that i brought so many in to believe that garbage.

Secondly ,because they have 7 of my family members( GUILTY ME)who believe those liars.Telling them
    I am evil for not seeing Christ come invisably in 1914

And in the end the fact I am still breathing proves what fools they were to teach that ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit