1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."
    (The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and the CD ROM library).

I vividly remember Freddie giving a talk at a special convention at Dodger stadium, early 90's I think, and from his mouth to my ears, he said that this system would not last the end of the century...in that voice. The US was at war, and I bought into the doomsday message from the WTBS, and I thought..."it could go any day now!"

Then 1995 generation change happened and my brain switched. I could see they were starting to change the story. When the world made it through 12/31/1999, I knew it was all BS and it was over for me.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

"They will NEVER admit they fucked up with 1975."

This is incredible, I was a person that came in during the 90's and can't help but be astounded when I read these kinds of comments directly from the magazines. More hard evidence that it's just some religion of the many that are available to the gullible masses.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"They will NEVER admit they [*&%$ed] up with 1975."

A newly baptized publisher made the comment during the WT Study within the past year that he did not personally remember the fuss about 1975 but his instructor had told him that there were apostates that had said things that were wrong about 1975.

Yep, that's right. The apostates did it again.

Doc

• designs
    designs

I haven't aged a day

• Pickler
    Pickler

That article ruined most of my life, or my youth anyway.

That article was thrown at me a million times, to explain why I wasn't allowed to have friends, go to uni, care about a career. Everything I wanted to do with my life was stopped by that ridiculous statement.

What a pile of sh*t

• designs
    designs

Dagney- Party like its 1999 woowhooo!

Thankfully the GB and the Writing Department keep publishing their nutty stuff and more people walk out every year.

• Dagney
    Dagney

@designs: you know we did! And brought in the new century dancing to Br Prince's song.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BTT!!!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is synonymous with Bullshit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit