1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Boy, god's earthly chosen organization is full of coercive commercialized bullshit when you think a bout it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I posted that quote on my Facebook. Lost friends over that!

J.O. Well that just proves to you they weren`t really freinds were they.Doesnt their bible say that a freind sticks closer than a fleshly brother ? through thick or thin ? Obviously these people havent got that far in their studies LOL

Your better off without them (freinds like that who needs enemys )

smiddy

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• VM44
    VM44

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah,1971,pg 216.

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day if Jehovah" will begin against modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

• Ding
    Ding

I posted that quote on my Facebook. Lost friends over that!

The irony is that the same people who defriended you will nod approvingly today when someone says it from the platform.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I came "into the truth" in the late 1940s. (yes, i'm THAT old) I remember this article. It made me shake my head, and I was still a true believer when it was published.

• rebel8
    rebel8

They were still beating that drum in the 80s when I was in high school and quoting this article as though Armageddon was overdue and going to happen any second.

Ronald Reagan's name, including his middle name, all had 6 letters each--so he was 666!

The US occupation of Grenada was the precursor to Armageddon and we were just waiting for the UN to outlaw religion any second.

That 1969 article ruined a lot of lives!

• rebel8
    rebel8

hiccup

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day if Jehovah" will begin against modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

Actually the battle against Christendom isn't coming from a god ( Jehovah) its coming from modern

science, knowledge and education.

The WTS. leaders have always been Professors of fear mongering ignorance utilized by their own publishing house. (WTS.)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Keeping the pot boiling....

The 15 Feb 1969 WT is in the WTLib CD

However, there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events. This generation is getting up in years now. A great number of them have already passed away in death. Yet Jesus very pointedly said: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes! (Ps. 90:10) So now is the time to take urgent action if you do not want to be swept away with this wicked system.

Show it to your Dub and ask them to honestly explain every excuse they make. Do not answer their questions ... they are just looking for a way out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit