1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZOOOOOO:

So..What about all those older people I saw in the congregation who were collecting their pensions or had businesses and were doing well? These people went to their graves after living a cushy life..Would you say they had ‘weak’ faith? 🙄

Why do these people get a ‘pass’ and yet somebody who is a Baby Boomer like myself who worked to support myself back in the day not considered to have ‘faith’? This is a double standard hypocrisy. There were people dripping with diamonds and I don’t begrudge anybody well off. But, why was it expected that some young person there pursue poverty?????? I did have faith in God, just not in the religion or organization.

The fact that you use terminology like this tells me where your head is at..Sad to say. Oh, right! Maybe you didn’t mean it and it was just a Freudian slip. 😉

I’m just SO glad I never paid any heed to self-righteous people and all the nonsense talk about ‘spirituality’ back then because I would be in a serious predicament now instead of Retired.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

"Fact" your going to be lied to and exploited by leaders of the Watchtower Corporation to coerce and manipulate people into being one their public sales representatives as you are, which entails the sales and distribution of the organization's (WTS) own published literature .

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

In this and with so many other matters, it is the "conscientious" JW who cops the worst of it - so much for "The Truth" being "The Best Way of Life".

Bloody hell - if this is meant to be the best way of life, I would hate to see the worst!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Please stop bringing this up. So what that the Watchtower or the Awake! said someting.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

So what?

Only that a lot of people got hurt as a consequence. Nothing much to worry about, though!

(PS: Sorry for feeding the troll)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The GB / WT leaders, of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society /Jehovah`s Witnesses speak out of both sides of their mouth.

"New Light" from them always follows failed prophecys ,expectations ,evident realities , and failed predictions they have previously made .

And they have always blamed the rank and file for their mistakes , errors , and lies.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The reason this keeps coming up is that people were hurt by it. Anyone who made a choice in life at the time based on the false expectation (which was invented by and fostered by the Watchtower organization and its representatives) was hurt. There are precious life resources that are spent in one way or another. Some who decided to not get married and have children are now facing their elder years without the joys of children and grandchildren. Others missed out on careers they would have found fulfilling. Others decided to not pursue something they had a great talent for, such as music, poetry, etc and instead spent those years knocking on doors chasing a false dream.

The WT society earned my contempt when in my twenties, I realized that my decision to not go to college hurt me, and it was all based on their false beliefs.

• zooooooo
    zooooooo

LongHairGal I really didn't understand your post

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZOOOOOO:

Sorry you didn’t understand my post. I assume you are out of the JW religion.

When I walked away from the religion I made sure I changed my vocabulary and no longer used certain terms used by the religion. For instance: you’ll notice I call it ‘the religion’. I would not say ‘the truth’ like some still do. 🙄. Also, I don’t use terms like ‘spiritual’ when describing people or phrases like ‘weak faith’. Nobody can know this about people and it sounds silly and presumptuous to me.

In a nutshell: I was treated hypocritically when I was in the religion years ago. As a young single woman I was expected to pursue poverty and be a doormat for Users in the congregation. These Users were mostly older people with affluent lives and the poverty they were pushing wasn’t for them, just some young gullible fool. Thankfully, I did not listen to any of them.

• zooooooo
    zooooooo

The words 'weak in faith' are in Romans 14.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit