If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

The prosecution makes the point- what if the roles were reversed and Martin was the Neighborhood Watchman and had killed George.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I might be wrong but there is no fact presented that TM attacked GZ first. If there is, I would love to hear it / see it.

Also, even if he did attack first who knows the reason why - wether or not he was threatened. The fact is there are no eye-witnesses so there is no way to know for a FACT exactly what happened. Everyone is acting like there is definitive proof - there is not. So if GZ gets off so be it.

However, the thing I do not get is why some are saying they have no idea why the race card was pulled when this town has a History of racial discrimination against blacks as well as police corruption in recent history. Then a minor is shot and killed with no eye witnesses and you just let the guy who killed him go without an investigation.

Why do people riot??? Because rioting is often the only way the voiceless can be heard. I am sure all of you red blooded Americans are aware of all the rights in this country that were not perpetrated by African Americans. Of course, those are warranted in the eyes of most.

There was a time in the recent history when black people could be killed just like Trayvon Martin was and no one cared to look into it or it was deemed as not a good use of time. This is the reason people get up in arms about these things.

Aaron Hernandez killed a black guy recently, you don't see peopel going nuts in the Black community talking about injustice. The reason is because a proper investigation was done. In the Martin case in a town known for ignoring the riots of Afrtican Americans and in a town that has history of corrupt police officers nothing was done when a minor was killed. If you can't understand why a community is upset - I don't know what to say

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Un -

James brown mentioned the "pain of being stupid."

The forensic evidence could support other scenarios too. Noses can get broken any number of ways, for example. Zimmerman's narrative leaves many questions unanswered, such as how he got the gun out while he was on his back.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

FOX is having a field day promoting the spectre of race riots.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The reason is because a proper investigation was done

----

In this trial the prosecution didn't present what amounted to any kind of proper investigation. The state in fact ensured that this was not a case about justice or truth - it became a mockery of any sense of justice. How do you think thats playing out now in the eyes of a lot of people who prior to this might just well have been on the side of the black community?

Those are the facts.

If that town has a race issue, then throwing one white/hispanic guy under the bus in order rationalize a persons own feelings of prejudice or hate or their threat to riot and loot and murder as many as you can - then you aren't interested in changing anything. It's all about retribution and revenge for deeds that in fact, may not have ever even been part of your life.

Racism exists. Nobody argues that. If you can't see what has been done in this case - beginning with the villification of one man in the media - by politicians using this as their way to get votes or funding or a name on the list of future candidates - by a State attorney overriding a criminal investigation to funds being used by the Departement of Justice to fuel racial tension - then you in no way want to be part of a real discussion on how to change things but have simply become part of the ongoing and determined, continual pattern of allowing politics with all their influence in money, power and media, to keep the 'race war' alive. To have this issue end would force them to address real issues like poverty, education, welfare and other social issues and not define them by race but as the pertain to Americans.

That is the real tragedy - buying into the hype because as you continue to do so, they will continue to throw fuel on the fire at every opportunity in order keep their power.

sw

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Innocent.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

hat hype did I buy into? I said George Zimmerman should have been immediately taken in to custody. A minor was killed with no eyewitness and you just cover him up with a sheet like nothing happened?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

DOJ funds?

• designs
    designs

It is not hype as it is real history past and current. Districts are redrawn to disenfranchise people.

Unless you watched the entire trial, you have no basis to express an opinion on how you would have voted if you had been on the jury. From the evidence I am aware of, it looks like he's guily of voluntary manslaughter. But like everyone else here who hasn't seen the entire trial, I have no basis to express an opinoin as to how I would vote if I were on the Zimmerman jury. It is quite possible I would vote to acquit him if I heard all the evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit