During Your IN Years If You Had Anointed At Your Hall, What Were They Like?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 93 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

we had an arrogant pompous ass

we still do unfortunately and he still partakes

• sspo
    sspo

We had a 70 year old that claimed to be anointed but would never come to meetings due to "sickness" but when we occasionally visited him for shepherding he seemed to be in better shape than most of us. Just enjoyed staying home and watch TV.

• jam
    jam

I knew two, my sister and the sister that studied with her.

My sister never could give me an logical explanation why she

was chosen. The other sister was a complete nut case.

Because I knew my sister so well, I never believe that BS.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In my first cong.their was a sister middle aged who just seemed to be a non emnity , and then their was a brother who just seemed to be out of it .

A couple more come to mind but nothing extroardinary about them.

But what I found hard to get my head around was , why were they not used in some way in the local congregations , ? they had no standing whatsoever,no recognition by the organization and yet they claimed to be potential rulers with christ in his heavenly kingdom .I would have thought they would have been given some token acknowedgement , but no .

smiddy

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I studied with one of the anointed who was also a special pioneer but I heard she recently changed her mind about it.

She was very insistent TV was satanic especially soap stars and you wouldn't invite such immoral people into your home physically so why watch what they do on TV.

Disney films were evil, Madonna put secret messages in her songs, yellow smiley faces meant you supported drug taking, any gift from a non-witness would have a demon attached. Always sleep with the Bible open in case a demon attacks you at night.

We won't love pets in the new system. Our over attachement to animals is part of imperfection. Only associate with witnesses.

David Copperfield employed Satan's help to make aeroplanes and elephants disappear.

Get rid of everything my Gran ever gave me as she had a Ouija board in her house and the demon would attach itself to me now I was studying.

This was back in 1984 and armageddon may come before I get a chance to be baptised as it is that close. My daughter will never start school so don't even bother buying a uniform for next September. (She is 34 now)

Any planning for even next year shows lack of faith, even a holiday. She clearly did not follow what the GB were up to then with their building projects.

Getting married and having children shows lack of faith. Every-one should wait until after the big A.

It's a shame she believed Armageddon was so close it was unnecessary for her to wash any more.

She was the only one at our hall who sipped and nibbled and when I went to a new cong with no anointed there was no-one to respectfully observe partaking so it all seemed very silly and a waste of time going.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I was never in a KH with one of the anointed but my husband's grandmother professed to be one and she was the perfect example of what one should be like. She special pioneered for many years, very humble woman, sweet and kind and when we had her over for dinner she would pull her WT or Awake out of her purse and she would discuss spiritual things and never gossip about others. She was truly a special woman and I respected her. There was no lording it over others. She was pretty special. She came in about 1912. She is gone now so who know what truly happened to her after death but I am sure if there is a heaven that is where she will be.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Amelia Ashton...Sometimes, many times, it is impolite to laugh.

But not this time. lol lol lol

Thank you for your stories.

Just Lois

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I remember a group of us in service talking about how we didn't like anybody that we'd ever known that claimed to be annointed (these were very close friends). We were all uncomfortable with that realization and didn't really know what to think of it.

Looking back it's easy to say that should have been an 'aha!' moment... but, it wasn't.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The so called annointed(TM) that I met were either arrogant schmucks or just plain eccentric.

God moves in mysterious ways.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Two in my cong right now.

One is completely insane. She frightens me.

The other is a rather eccentric early 60's ish white-trashy, ex-biker chick, sister. She's also a bit hard to get along with. Her husband is super nice though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit