During Your IN Years If You Had Anointed At Your Hall, What Were They Like?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 93 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The scoop of humanity at one KHall, The Anointed Ones" were a mixed group.

One Bro, H. had been in for eons. He was df for adultery, back in the day when they would announce your sin openly from the platform to everyone. He just kept on coming and partaking until he was reinstated. (?) Then when back in the ministry ( TM) he sold the old pinkish Paradise book 12 months out of the year. He didn't care what the current campaign was. Yes, he said he was of The Anointed.

Sis J, had been in for eons too and had a mental problem. Exactly what kind, I have no idea. We called her Sister Pious. She held herself as though she was the Queen herself, mingling with savages. She imagined she was pregnant and tried to give herself a free abortion using a coat hanger. She ended up in the Hospital, mental ward.

Sis X, had been in since the early years. In her older age, she had to have someone to walk with her and help. She only did her calls. Who was going to say no to an old tottering Lady dressed up in hat and gloves preaching the gospel message? She did fine, until one day, her handler, wasn't all that handy and she fell off the householders porch. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt. Her "call" told her handler, can't the old lady stay home? Please do not bring her back. Her routine was the field service. After she was diagnosed with dementia, she would get up and get dressed and wake her daughter up to take her door to door in the middle of the night.

Those are some of the characters I have rubbed shoulders with that "heard" God talking to them.

What about you?

Next.

Just Lois

• prologos
    prologos

If they are slated to run the universe,

"Satan;s" tenure will be considered a picknic.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well I now know that the anointed are all christians that get the anointing with the gift of holyspirit but when i was growing up in my old hall there was one sister older, modest, and nice. Maybe she new all along what i now know.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I was a little girl, there was an annointed lady, (so she claimed) who shared a small house with my father's handicapped aunt. She was mean, had a wicked tongue on her and wasn't well liked. I was afraid of her. I could never believe she had been chosen by God as someone special because she was so nasty.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The only brother in our Cong when I was growing up who was anointed was a bit discombobulated, I'll never forget when he was giving the Sunday talk, he excused himself to go to the bathroom, he's the only brother I've heard of who has done that. Skip to the present, I ran into him a few months ago at the supermarket, he and his wife walked away more than 20 years ago, his exact word are "because things just didn't add up".

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

CrazyGuy, sorry, I really don't know you. I haven't followed any of your posts.

Pertaining to your comment above, what do you now know?

Just Lois

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just that all that believe in Christ and get baptised receive the gift or outpouring of holy spirit so all are anointed not just a few. The anointing is holy spirit from christ. There is no mention of a christian in the new testament not being anointed if fact thats what Christian means anointed one.

• earthfire
    earthfire

When I was little the mother of my dads friend was anointed. She was nice but seemed a bit silly. Then when I was older my friends grandma was anointed. She was mean and cranky. She also told my brother to stand behind a cow and catch some of its urine and put it on his face. He had a little acne.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My friend Kim* had a never-been-married pioneering 42 year old 'anointed' bro proposition her father about marrying her because he wanted someone young enough to 'mold'. And my best friend's schizophrenic dad is 'anointed' as well.

*names have been changed

• jw07
    jw07

Full of bs. Incidentally we have 2 and they BOTH have been treated for mental issues in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit