I am so proud of Wendy Williams for calling Paula Deen to the carpet for her racist remarks

by booker-t 54 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

She acknowledged it last time and apologized then too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

For reasons I've never understood, there were many people who liked her personality. Apparently, people like adolescent silliness, fake accents and histrionics.____Rebel8

A personal attack from you ain't gonna change what I feel

• Glander
    Glander

Didn't something similar happen a couple of years back with Dog the Bounty Hunter?

I appreciate your mild and reasonable response, Wasblind. But the N word coming from her is like an icepick in my ear. Add that to her idea for a Civil War themed party with "N" servants dressed in period costume was a little too much.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Was, girl I hear what you're sayin' my dad was born in raised in Savannah, but me being born and raised in NYC the folks who are racists here "try" to hide it a bit, who's to say that the folks who decided not to pick up her contract don't have the same thinking that she does?

It's like Archie Bunker was kind to Lionel and his family after he got to know them, but remember when he was so excited when Sammy Davis was in his cab, but when he came to his house to pick up his briefcase and they had a toast, remember how hesistant he was to drink out the same glass as Sammy? Old habit take a long time to change, if they change at all.

• Shador
    Shador

And to think, just last month, this older black couple in the congregation was asking me to help them find directions to "The Lady & Sons" (Paula's Atlanta restraunt), as they had company coming and wanted to take them there (even making a weekend trip of it).

Wonder if they still want to go...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

And just a mention about the food there, my aunt who was born and raised in Savannah and "can throw down in the kitchen" told me back in '98 when she was here to visit by sick father that Paula's restaurant wasn't all that, and she found the food to be a little tooo greasy, (taking into account just about all southerners add the extra lard or butter to their recipes) but now that the place is tourist trap I'm sure they're throwing in a little extra water to stretch the soup, if ya' know what I mean.

• wasblind
    wasblind

(taking into account just about all southerners add the extra lard or butter to their recipes)____Shirley

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hmm, something tells me you don't agree with that statement Was . . .

I do realize most folks now know all that stuff ain't to good for ya' now

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm guilty of the things you say Shirley

Me and my ol' man have been advised about our diets

and have tried to do better in how I prepare food

Old habit's are hard to break, but I have to for my sake

and the sake of my family.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's alright Was. We don't use margarine in my house. We've switch back to butter and we use olive oil. I've recently picked up one coconut oil and am looking for a local source of lard. Depending on the type of lard and butter I don't think it's bad for me and mine as long as we use it wisely (been researching).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit