I am so proud of Wendy Williams for calling Paula Deen to the carpet for her racist remarks

by booker-t 54 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I was cheering Wendy Williams on when I saw her on ET calling Paula Deen to the carpet for her use of racial slurs. I use to work for a woman that reminds me of Paula Deen. She was s Caucasian woman her mid 60s and she was raised in Georgia and she constantly would make racial jokes and do racial jestures in front of me. My boss "Ms Barbara" would see an Asian employee walk by and slant her eyes and burst out laughing. She one day told me "booker why are black women so loose they will sleep with any man in a pair of pants" I could not believe she was saying this to me in the year 1992 and I was in my late 20s and a black man. I went home very upset but tried to explain away my supervisors comments. I did not want to make any waves back then I was new on the job and I was her administrative assistant. I would reason in my head she could not be a "racist" and have a black man as an assistant. After 3 years of these racist comments and jokes I had had enough. But before I could write her up an Asian and a black employee wrote her up for racism. She came out of the company trial crying like a baby apologizing left and right. She actually had the nerve to say to me after her trial "booker I am not a racist my boyfriend is Mexican. Fast foward to 2013 I am now 50 years old and I would not tolerate any kind of racial jokes, jestures or comments from white or black or Hispanic or Asian people. People need to be treated with dignity and respect and I try to teach my young nieces and nephews this principle. Since I am close to getting my Psychology/Therapist Masters degree I now realize some racist people are in so much denial about their racism. Everybody can slip and make a mistake but to continue making the same mistake over and over again then it becomes plain and simple you are a "racist". So Paula Deen needs to admit she is a "racist" and accept it and try to change.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The thing that bothers me more than her using the N word is that she wanted to hold a plantation wedding with all black men doing the serving, if you want all black, Mexican or any other ethniticity to serve you that means that you view that ethnicity as being below you, they can only serve you and nothing more, that speaks volumes. I think that's much more offensive than just using the N word.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband and I talked about this and he asked what was she (Paula Deen) thinking? I replied she wasn't and neither was her brother.

• booker-t
    booker-t

ShirleyW. that is so true. I remember watching a program that had the KKK on its panel. And one of the Klansmen was an attorney and he said "I will help a black man as a client but I would never invite a black person into my house". So some white people will only associate with a black person as long as it is business and not personal. I am glad this Paula Deen scandal came to light because many black people I know thinks racism is dead and buried and that is far from the truth. Many white people cannot outright be racist for fear or losing their jobs or being sued in court but the closet racism still exist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ah Samich?!.. Now I`m fix`n to.. I`m gonna shove this whole thing..

For Me??!!.. Eat me a Bisquit!.. Down my Gullet!..

................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Y'all may stone me for this. But I gotta say it

We have to keep in mind of the culture that we Americans

have grown up in

We are a product of our up bringin'

I think Paula is bein treated to harshly by the food channel

I don't condone the thigns she said

But again many of us are are product of our American culture

When we learn better, we do better

Some take longer than others. But I think Paula has learned

that what used to be acceptable no longer is

If the food channel screen every American cook for ever makin' a racist

remark , Or even doin' things that could be construde as racist

they would have to change thier network to somethin' else

It's unecessary to destroy her because she like many of us are a product

of our culture.

Teach the person better, by makin' a change in the culture

• Simon
    Simon
    We have to keep in mind of the culture that we Americans have grown up in
    We are a product of our up bringin'.
    ... many of us are are product of our American culture
    When we learn better, we do better
    Some take longer than others. But I think Paula has learned that what used to be acceptable no longer is

I disagree. This is making excuses.

Who, tell me WHO in 2013 doesn't "know" already that this is a racial slur?

What, she didn't get the memo from the 1960's?

People do what they can get away with until they are rightly challenged and suffer the consequences of their biggotry.

"I didn't know / I didn't think" isn't an excuse.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm not sayin' she didn't know , Like I said. It take some longer to learn

sad fact. But it's true. Old Habit are hard to change for some

Now that she has been called out and apologized. Should she be destroyed ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

On the Show Sandford and Son they Redd Foxx would use the N word ocassionally

Those parts have now been edited out .

Why ? Because it is not even exceptable fore him to use such

even though he is black

His career wasn't destroyed. The jus' edited a few of his words

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Pardon my ignorance of this news, but what did Paula Deen say and when did she say it?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit