I am so proud of Wendy Williams for calling Paula Deen to the carpet for her racist remarks

by booker-t 54 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Who, tell me WHO in 2013 doesn't "know" already that this is a racial slur?

Apparently a lot of black people I hear using it ALL THE TIME. The N word has become the equivalent of something like "dude" and is used for practically everybody, white, black, whatever. Usually the "a", not the "er" version, but still. Red Foxx wasn't the only one to use that word. He's no different than many black comedians to this day.

But with Paula Deen, it isn't just the word, it's this whole idea of the good old days of the South. How long is it going to take before these people evolve and get rid of those fond feelings for days gone by? Racism is alive and well in this country. Instead of living in some small house or trailer park, they can imagine living in a huge house with people waiting on their every whim. Like royalty. I get the glamor of it, but it's the means by which that luxury came that isn't right. Just like many people love the royals of England. Their luxury comes upon the backs of many less fortunates. And we revere them?

You can imagine living in the big house and wearing the old fancy clothes of the old South, but Paula Deen goes one step beyond to including the slavery too.

This is a stupid woman in the first place. Woman is suffering from diabetes, but still promotes the type of diet that led her to that condition.

• jam
    jam

Flipper: agree, some people are stupid and ignorant.

An incident that happen 20 years ago. My local barbershop(black),

five or six guys and a young lady with her 8 or 9 year old son waiting

to get a hair cut. One guy told a racist joke about Mexicans, well the

young lady stood up and told the guy and to all that laugh, the joke is

not funny and racist. I will not allow my son to listen to such racist talk.

She walked out,(she was black). Racism comes in all colors, that will

never end.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

its bad enough to use the n word freely like it seems she did, but what blew me away was the slave wedding, thats one of the worst things i have ever heard. she has to go.

on a side note, if some black people want to call each other the N word, I dont care. I just think its outrageous when white people act like thats a problem that they dont get to say it. really? you dont understand why you still cant say it if thats the case? i mean you really dont understand why? lol. your either REALLY ignorant of the history of this country, OR you just racist, LOL

i mean, i know some gay people that call each other the F word, and i dont care, im not going to use it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sometimes us girlfriends call each other "bitch." We laugh. But if anybody else said that, well, different story.

• talesin
    talesin

jam, so true ... where I live, if you are white and go into the 'hood, where the local soup kitchen is located, you are at risk. I got assaulted in broad daylight, just for walking down the street to get some food - it was hot summer, and everyone was sitting on their stoop. Some teens ran up behind me and threw a 5-gallon bucket of cold water over me with force, and I fell to my hands and knees. At the time, I was quite sick.

Applause and cheers from the whole street, and calls of "get the white bitch" ... yeah, it comes in all forms.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit