The Sparlockian Voice is racist!!!

by rip van winkle 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001
    Fizzywiglet: having all comments deleted and IP addresses reported to a spam organization for pointing out an offensive and unprofessional move on behalf of a ridiculous joke of an organization
    Simon: If this is true then they are abusing the spam system - they are not intended to be a "retaliation-service" to harrass people when you don't like someone's opinion.

If they did that, it's a really mean thing to do. Reporting someone's IP address and having it blacklisted prevents those people from commenting on other sites, too.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

They did it. (I'm "B" in the comments Zed saved, before they did their little whitewashing). This is what I get now if I attempt to comment:

ACCESS TO AAWA.CO HAS BEEN DENIED
    According to our system, you have been denied for the following reason: Black List IP
    This site is protected by the Stop Spammer Registrations Plugin.

If you feel that you have been blocked in error, you may notify the Admin and ask to placed on the system white list. This site's admin will be notified and can review the reason why you were blocked.

Please ask nicely to be admitted here.</form></form>
  • Simon
    Simon
    If they did that, it's a really mean thing to do. Reporting someone's IP address and having it blacklisted prevents those people from commenting on other sites, too.

Exactly - petty and vindictive ... and not what the spam sites are intended for.

Anyone concerned should consider checking if their email and / or IP has been added:

http://www.stopforumspam.com/

http://www.botscout.com/

https://www.projecthoneypot.org/

If they have then they should be reported for abusing the systems.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If this is true then they are abusing the spam system - they are not intended to be a "retaliation-service" to harrass people
    when you don't like someone's opinion.....Simon

BBXB is a Retaliation Service??!!..LOL!!!!!!..

BBXB

Don`t say Mean Things about Us!

photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif

.......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Hummingbird001 - "If they did that, it's a really mean thing to do. Reporting someone's IP address and having it blacklisted prevents those people from commenting on other sites, too."

Are there watchdog groups who'll help you out if your IP address is falsely reported as spam and blacklisted?

• Dolce Vita
    Dolce Vita

Just curious about all the criticism. Where the hell it is coming from? The majority of you sound so angry in this thread. Also, curious what any of you are doing to try to make a change with the issues AAWA is trying to address? Such as letting others know of practices of JW's and offering support groups lead by therapists? If so I would really like to know about them. From what I have read some of the things blamed on AAWA are other Facebook groups. Aren't any of you angry at what the WBTS did to you and your families? I know I am royally pissed. Anger can be one of the first motivators to make changes for somthing better which can be a way to work though the pain. Sounds to me there might be some misplaced anger going on here. Just my 2 cents.

• Simon
    Simon
    Are there watchdog groups who'll help you out if your IP address is falsely reported as spam and blacklisted?

Yes, the blacklisting sites normally have a procedure for reporting false positives. If you explain to them what happened then they will likely revote the BBXB's ability to report people to the service.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

From what I have read some of the things blamed on AAWA are other Facebook groups.

Oh Jayzus, this again. Nope, that was debunked. Not that they ever apologized for planting that whopper.

And I'm not angry. Just amused that they can't seem to go a month without making a ridiculously stupid and unprofessional misstep or three.

I wouldn't blame some people for being angry, though. These idiots are approaching the media and trying to be taken seriously as representatives of ex-JWs, and speaking on behalf of JWs still in, to "help" them. Instead they're lending serious credence to the "rabid evil apostate" stereotype. Great going. I don't want some moron flipping off a Kingdom Hall and screaming at JWs that they're brain-dead sheeple claiming to represent me. That doesn't represent me. So t ake the concern trolling elsewhere. It's not written anywhere that all ex-JWs need to fall in line behind some ill-thought-out "cause" for the sake of a treacly illusion of "unity" just because we left the org and don't like the Watchtower.

• Shador
    Shador

Oh, boy. (best MK announcer voice):

AAWA vs. JWN

Round 2.

FIGHT!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Dolce Vita-I disagree with your assessment of anger here. We have all been to this rodeo with AAWA before. They do not deserve blind and loyal support . People in the ex jw community have a right and an obligation to question them when something is askew with their behavior and attitudes. Would you blindly support another organization like you did as a jw? If the answer is Yes, then you are a fool. If the answer is No, then why even pose your questions here? Ask AAWA for an explanation and see how they respond to your inquiring mind.

Oh, and hello and Welcome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit