The Sparlockian Voice is racist!!!

by rip van winkle 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am think someone (OUTLAW?) said Barbara Anderson didn't want to say anything publicly about the subject. I remember how she defended appearing on Fearon's show too, long after it was clear he had a screw loose. Maybe she's tired of defending crazies and just wants distance. Who knows, all we can do is speculate when everyone is keeping stum. Including Paul Grundy, strangest of the lot, since he seemed the most level headed of the bunch.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Wow.

So now that Cedars is gone, maybe they have Julia and Bo as editors. Maybe they can enlist Danny Hazard to help.

What a remarkable organization!

Thank you for letting us know, Rippy!

zed

P.S. Patiently awaiting Marvin on this thread.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, they go through 'founders' as fast as they go through names !

I think there are conflicts between what their name (now) says, what they claim their aims and tactics are and what their underlying intent and feelings appear to be.

Trying to combine activism and support is a tough if not impossible act to pull off - it appears as though different people want different things for the group and may be pulling in different directions.

If you want to be a support group and be taken seriously by the press then I don't think you should be calling people "brain dead" or using politically incorrect messages - it's just unprofessional and makes you appear bitter.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Simon,

Unlike this site, BXBB has staying power!

zed

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "I am think someone (OUTLAW?) said Barbara Anderson didn't want to say anything publicly about the subject."

Which, to me, suggests that Outlaw might have been informed privately about what went on.

Hmmm.

slimboyfat - "I remember how she defended appearing on Fearon's show too, long after it was clear he had a screw loose. Maybe she's tired of defending crazies and just wants distance."

Wait, Barb was on SixScreens? Seriously??? What was her explanation?

Reminds me, the Contis were on SixScreens, too; that one had me I scratching my head...

slimboyfat - "Maybe she's tired of defending crazies and just wants distance."

That I can believe.

slimboyfat - "Including Paul Grundy, strangest of the lot, since he seemed the most level headed of the bunch."

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about him. EDIT: I checked; he still posts here regularly.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe saying that Cedars and Anderson "owe" the community some kind of explanation was a little too strong - but here is what I meant:

If you go to extraordinary measures to make yourself a highly public representative of the exJW world, you do bear some responsiblity to the community for your public actions.

There are some important questions here which are simply being kept in the dark - not good for exJWs in general.

• Simon
    Simon

I actually agree - I think if you set yourself up as being spokespeople and make grand claims then you should expect to have to give people explanations ... unless you are happy for people to make their own and fill in the gaps with speculation.

But you can't then complain when people do that.

If anything, it's evidence that an organization is often a distinct and separate thing from the people that make it up with it's own personality and goals that may not accurately reflect any of the individuals within in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    james_woods - "Maybe saying that Cedars and Anderson "owe" the community some kind of explanation was a little too strong - but here is what I meant: If you go to extraordinary measures to make yourself a highly public representative of the exJW world, you do bear some responsiblity to the community for your public actions. There are some important questions here which are simply being kept in the dark - not good for exJWs in general.

Well, I definately I won't argue with that one.

And when I think about it, I have to say that if I were them, I would personally feel like I "owed" the XJW community some answers.

I hope it's forthcoming.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Next blog: Six Screens of the BXBB.

It will be very happifying!

zed

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Well, yeah. When you go on and on about your "transparency" in your mission statement, of course explanation/justification for your behavior is implied/expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit