• zed is dead
    zed is dead

rip,

Gimme gimme!

zed

• zound
    zound

Wait for it....

"Though 'the Sparlockian Voice' was well recieved by all, we decided that we would make some revisions so as to better represent our cause. Taking on board some suggestions by commenters, we built on and expanded our original idea. We are proud to release our new publication - "AAWA newsletter". This is to replace "The Sparlockian Voice". If you downloaded 'The Sparlockian Voice' please remove it from your computer and no longer distribute it, as our revised history newsletter serves to provide members with more current, up to date information. Long live AWWA!"

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Zed, did you get it?

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

My advice ignore this bbxb sites and it will just wither away. It's obviously on the way out. Let it kill itself off. Get on with helping people here. You guys helped my wife and I. Now we have a great little boy 18 months old, which without this forum we would never have had.

Because the Wt drummed into us the end is just around the corner. Yeah right. Bastard WT Org. Man I hate that religion.

I learned the real truth here thanks people.

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, all!

Let's MOVE ON!

We've identified the problem, right?

AAWA has good people (I am assuming) who are VERY angry, and don't know WTF they are doing. That is established. Hell, I don't want any part of it, because of its eff-upedness..............

That being said ... they ARE sincere, though misguided.

I will be forever suspicous of that rascal, Cedars - glory hound, imho ,,, but what does AAWA have to do with JWN? NOTHING .

Movin' on ............

tal

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Rip,

That was an interesting read. Wow, I love that they just throw stuff out there, and are shocked when their supporters even object to the inane PR mistakes. Then of course they ban them. What hubris!

Way to go Dick-head of BXBB!

zed

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Zed, believe it or not, I still have not read that newsletter in it's entirety. Even though they removed all the postings on their site they also pulled the newsletter, so maybe they will correct themselves and remove the insensitive racist column title and retitle it.

I think they should apologize for calling us trolls for bringing their attention to the matter.

And hopefully in the future, they will be willing to listen to the ex jw community. And remember that we all have friends and /or loved ones still in under the influence of a high mind control group/ cult, The WTS.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Finally !!!!!!!!

repsonse to friends comments on bbxb.

• Dolce Vita
    Dolce Vita

Glad to be here but first I would like to apologize for saying everyone was angry. That statement was going against all that I believe in but hey I am only human and I know that is a good thing vs the horrible sinner theory. No, I don't want to start Round 2, just would like to give a different point of view.

Let me make this clear -- I am not speaking for AAWA or as you call it BBXB, I am just an ex jw, my experience comes from living it, as you all have.

What I can tell you is my experience and when I left, there were no groups -- none -- no internet -- no meet ups -- no social media -- nothing expect jw's, "worldly people" who had no clue and a few ex jw that were too freaked out to talk to one another, well except me I tried to talk to them. The process of me being free from their control, on many different levels, took years because I had to figure it out on my own. So on a personal level I see the importance of these groups in the recovery process because of that. It will take time for a any ex jw group to work out the kinks that wants to go on a more public course as AAWA is trying to do. We all have the commonality of being ex jw but sometimes it stops there. All ex jw everywhere, in any group, are in various stages of recovery, it is a highly charged place to be even in low key groups. Since I now come from an eastern point of view about life, I found I was attacked by either Atheists or Christians for my beliefs, even when I have stated this is what I have come to know in all of the groups when I first found these internet ex jw groups. I still kept putting my stuff out there for others to read because - first, I knew I was not the only one who felt this way and second, because of its non judgemental nature. So, in my opinion most groups fail in being a helping hand in recovery -- most are very judgemental under the surface. My goal is to be there for ones who are in need of recovering for being an ex jw and at times have no clue what their path will be. There is a group of us out here in the ex jw community that want to be part of healing for ex jw, either new or at whatever phase they are in. Trust me it would be much better in a lot of ways not to give a damn and focus only on my life and forget all this about my past, but that is not me. I can not leave them behind, I know deeply what that means. I can assure you I am not blindly following AAWA as I did when I was a jw. Please, to accuse me of that is pretty offensive, you have to admit. They are on a learning curve, mistakes will be made and learned from. I am willing to stick by them and let them work through the mistakes for this reason -- others and myself are able to reach out to those who need a helping hand to recover more than any other group I have belonged to in the last few years. It is a totally safe place, no hurtful criticism to any persons is allowed, it is a postive support group. It is closed group so you would have no way of seeing it.

I know you are all against AAWA, that is fine, just wanted to give another side to what you feel you know. I was around with Cedar's incedient and it was upsetting and I was sorry he chose to leave or felt he had to leave -- things like that happen in life when you get strong personalities involved. It is part of life and I don't know if Cedar's saw this but we want to see him come back, things can be worked out with patiences and time... I have voiced my concerns in a kind way if something doesn't feel right. I have learned this in my experiences in life -- it is much better to look for the positive and make changes from that view point than from a negative stance, not that I have that down 100% as you can see from my first post. Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it... Peace out

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Dolce, it is unfair for you to assume that I or any other poster here is/was against Aawa. That is simply untrue.

I do appreciate your perspective on the matter. However, you posted a blanket statement at all of us without having the smallest inkling of what had previously transpired.

Now, I will only speak for myself, but I am not interested in beating a dead horse. I will say this, I was not against any association or organization that has the goal of helping jws get out of the WT cult, helping those who have lost families, suffered abuse, etc, etc and recovery.

When I saw a problem with the nature of aawa's newsletter and wrote on their site "engerish Prease" is offensive and insensitive was it treated as a concern or was it scoffed at by aawa? Where do they get off acting defensive and calling troll because they didn't receive an ass kissing on their newsletter. They have a bad habit of deleting posts they donm't agree with. They only want praise and slaps on the back, but no disagreeing with the Borg...I mean org. How hypocritical is that?

I know it is a closed group. I was not interested in being a part of aawa because they continued to ignore and dismiss and demonize the ex jw community for their suggestions and/ or questions. They should have looked at it as preperation for the real world because aawa will come under more severe scrutiny and criticism from the mainstream than from people here who initially supported and hoped for aawa good things and much success.

Another thing, it's not that they made mistakes, it is how they didn't address or handle the issues in the aftermath. No one expects perfection. But, sorry, we are not in a kingdom hall. We can ask questions. We can have and share our opinions.

As for your incorrect assumption about me regarding Cedars.

I am the one who contacted Cedars regarding the nonsense of the aawa newsletter.

I am the one who notified this community that Cedars was no longer with AAWA.

How did I know he was no longer with aawa?

Because I asked him.

And he asked me to let you all know that he was no longer with aawa.

And although I don't always agree with the actions people take it doesn't mean that I don't like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit