The Sparlockian Voice is racist!!!

by rip van winkle 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• james_woods
    james_woods

Time will tell. I have been considering how I would react if I were in their position - and I can honestly say that I would feel some shame and remorse for the way this AAWA mess has turned out.

That alone might make me keep quiet for a time out of simple embarrassment. So, maybe they need some time.

I will be VERY surprised if Lady Lee has not (or is not about to) also separate herself from this fiasco.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I openly wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that you can't use pseudonyms on incorporating documents?

The Sparlockian Voice is a poor choice of a title for the official newsletter. Only a select people will get the humour in it. To anyone else, it might sound like a title for an episode on Star Trek. 'Captain - these transmissions we have intercepted contain... the Sparlockian Voice!'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    james_woods - "That alone might make me keep quiet for a time out of simple embarrassment."

Yup, that thought had occurred to me.

Since this is a new page, I'll reiterate what I said before; I hope Barb, Cedars, and Lady Lee make their way back here.

I'd like to think that Simon hopes that, too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas - "The Sparlockian Voice is a poor choice of a title for the official newsletter. Only a select people will get the humour in it. To anyone else, it might sound like a title for an episode on Star Trek."

Or a WT-centric parody of Dune.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Now that Cedars has left BXBB, maybe we will get our long awaited apology? I am not holding my breath.

zed

• Simon
    Simon
    The Sparlockian Voice is a poor choice of a title for the official newsletter. Only a select people will get the humour in it. To anyone else, it might sound like a title for an episode on Star Trek. 'Captain - these transmissions we have intercepted contain... the Sparlockian Voice!'

Yes, definitely an 'in' joke, maybe a bit too clever. You still can't beat "free-minds" ... genius.

Since this is a new page, I'll reiterate what I said before; I hope Barb, Cedars, and Lady Lee make their way back here.
    I'd like to think that Simon hopes that, too.

Barb is just busy with lots of things, although I love her to bits I'm all for her taking a break 'cause she does so much.

Life's too short to hold grudges. People are always welcome to post on the site.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    zed is dead - "Now that Cedars has left BXBB, maybe we will get our long awaited apology? I am not holding my breath."

This apology seemed pretty sincere to me:

http://aawa.co/blog/a-new-name-and-an-apology/

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Trouble in Paradise:

1. Richard E. Kelly on June 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

I have been deluged with positive comments about the newsletter and of course many good suggestions for how to improve it, which is great. That is what continuous improvement is all about. I also want to express my gratitude to Tommy and Renee for making this journal possible. AAWA is blessed with so many talented and passionate volunteers. Thanks again to Tommy and Renee for making the AAWA Newsletter possible.

Reply ↓
    2. Steve on June 17, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Am I missing something? In the websites mission statement it said aawa’s purpose is to expose 5 key issues it has with jw policy, while maintaining “strict religious neutrality”. With an article relating to how jw’s have allegedly got prophetic dates wrong and incorrect interpretation of scripture, can anyone explain how this is focused on your core objectives and “strict religious neutrality”? And tommy while it is noble that you claim that AAWA is light-hearted and fun, not angry and vindictive, you will forgive me for finding that hard to believe when your own secretary treasurer elsewhere on this site refers to jw’s as “brain dead followers”.

Reply ↓
    3. Tommy Gunz on June 17, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

Hello Steve and thank you for taking the time to reply but not truly read the actual newsletter. I understand your giving support to our Secretary-Treasurer’s comments, I really do because I once was just like you ;) , no joke! Now, had you read the newsletter instead of just attack it, you’d see facts and figures. I know that words and numbers confuse JWs unless they come from, and are explained ad nauseum by the Governing Body. And yes, we are neutral in that we will not debate whether Christ died on a stake, cross or whether he even existed, is God or just God’s son. However, two of the main words in the AAWA acronym are Awareness and Abuses. Another is Watchtower. Now you may not see it this way, I get that, however, the rest of the normal world see brainwashing, false prophecy and fear mongering as an abuse of power. Therefore as a group of people that all have one common denominator (we’ve all escaped the mind tyranny of the WTB&TS), we are free to make the nations aware of how this publishing company abuses its followers who stop fact checking after their first Bible study. And as a people who’ve come out of this literal great tribulation, we find it better to laugh at our previous condition of being a mindless drone controlled by imperfect men than cry one day longer. Oh yes, and to hopefully help those crying on the inside of this cult because they need to escape. Savi?? I doubt it. Now, you can reply, but do not expect me to engage further because I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone so obviously unarmed ;) . – Agapé

Sincerely, Tommy Gunz

Reply ↓
      • Steve on June 18, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

Ah I see, forgive me, you have taken it upon yourself to expand the mission statement of aawa. Forgive me, I didn’t get that memo. I get all the rhetoric about being religiously neutral, I just didn’t realise you get to choose when using scripture to disprove something is or is not religiously neutral.
        Thankyou also for condoning the words of your secretary. Someone is going to have to take a big marker pen and strike out whole swathes of your mission statement.
        Thankyou also for the patronising undertones and implying I am witless. Maybe your mission statement should read: “we are religiously neutral (unless it suits our argument to be otherwise) Our aim is to kindly support those affected by the watchtower (unless they disagree with anything we say, in which case they are brain dead and witless). We reserve the right to impression our own mission statement at any time we choose and then justify why its ok to do so. We reserve the right to say of anyone that disagrees with our comments “oh you would say that your a brainwashed jw” without defending or justifying our comments (closely related to this is refusing to debate with jw’s for the same reasons..surely not a policy of shunning?).”
        I look forward to you running off and hiding behind richardson coat tails and not replying to this post.

Reply ↓
    4. s--Kally on June 17, 2013 at 11:37 pm said:

Tommy, unarmed? Really? There are so many of us armed with facts, facts that took us years to gather and expose for you all to now seize upon.

Try not yo be so lame in your replies next time. You really have no idea how hard the footwork was. You all now get to take it and want to reform the wt with it. Won’t happen. Reform is null and void at this point. All of this is a waste of time. And now you shifted your team around and have someone that was never baptized, as a vice president. It is really baffling what it is you all think you are going to accomplish.

Btw, what happened to cedars? And will you now fix your document that states he is president and anderson is vice. I mean, it is all becoming so ludicrous anymore.

And Richard Kelley. I’ve read your religious views and read how you and Hoyle met. I mean, is it any wonder?

So, with the amont of active, deceptive jws online these days, how do you suppose reforming such decepton in the tower? With elders like ELDERELITE and SIR82, how CAN it be reformed. And that is only two liars deceiving innocent jw children, as they must continue to study wt literature. Who will then write all the wt stuff when it IS reformed Mr. Kelley? You? Amderson? Jensen,(god help us and his tight pants)? Dingledumbb?

Seriously, none of you are anti, in any sense of the word. You just want what you want.

Steve, bob…hello. Nice posting. Keep it going please. Focus must be heeded here. Wt children are waiting for truth, not reform.

You need to re-form AAWA.

Reply ↓
    5. Tommy Gunz on June 18, 2013 at 12:56 am said:

Hey s–Kally,

If I cared what you or other anonymous JWs thought, I’d still be one. And if I wanted applause, I’d've joined the circus.

And in typical JW fashion, you play the victim and then cast dispersions to avoid the fire on your own heiney.

If you want to reform the AAWA then please, feel free to start your own little group and format your own newsletter.

But until then, get off my cloud and go back to what you do best and that’s make your family and so-called friends miserable ;)

Have a nice day :)
      Sincerely, Tommy Gunz xoxo

Reply ↓
    6. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:03 am said:

Sincerely?

You see, that type of a reaction to a post like mine, is not good for your fellow AAWAers broster. And it is a visual testament to how you really feel and think re: jws.

It is why this group of anonymous presidents and volunteers, among those that are still active and those never baptized, and elders wives and wives who were never in, yet there husbands (one active aawa member who moderates a huge jw forum) are/ were and are now disfellowshipped themselves, (yet no one is supposed to know that), will not succeed in ANY of its ‘goals’.

WTBTS is based on lies. As is this, now collecting money from strangers, sham of an ‘organization’. First lie, deception, the president is an active, anonymous jw, moderating over dfed and inactive, disassociated exjws. Yes, moderating over. As are all of you who are listed. Not to mention, active elders moderating other jw forums. It is getting out of control; the lies and deception. The backwardness of it all. I mean, I’m actually moderated by active jw elders that post on active apostate forums. It is absolutely insane.

So. What to do? What to do.

Then you have her tommy gunz. Seriously Richard? This is a volunteer you support? Read between his words to me carefully, first. Then tell me if this is acceptable, in any forum, as a rep, of sorts for AAwa.

Btw, I am disfellowshipped over 30 years, Mr. Brightside. save your fake xoxoxoxo for your crusade. in reality, you would not get close enough to hug or kiss me. why do you think you can do it here, after what you said to me above? i see through your gun, tommy.

Reply ↓
    7. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:15 am said:

And try addressing some of my posts instead of dodging my points. Very transparent. Where is cedars, do you know? Why is he not the active president any longer? The shifting around is a bit redundant at this point. So, where is he? Doing jw things at his hall? Or what is going on now with him? Will we ever know the truth about the AAWA?

Reply ↓
    8. Tommy Gunz on June 18, 2013 at 2:25 am said:

How long did it take to write all that?? an hour maybe? Oh look, the games on

Reply ↓
    9. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:27 am said:

ah, here we go, indeed gunny….game is indeed on brother.

WT always wins. You lose(r)s.

Reply ↓
    10. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:29 am said:

You’d like us to read the newsletter in its entirety, yet you can not do the same of my postings here, if they are long? Interesting dynamic.

Reply ↓
    11. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:34 am said:

Tommy, when you return, please answer my questions about reform; who will do the rewrite of literature and the nwt? can you not answer simple questions posed? it is clear you are avoiding my questions. If you are not here to answer serious questions, why are you here?

Reply ↓
    12. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:40 am said:

Ha, well pardon me. You are responsible for the newsletter? Ah, ‘splains everything now. Why the obsession with sparlock though? This is what I mean by deception.

Seriously?

Reply ↓
    13. s--Kally on June 18, 2013 at 2:44 am said:

Man, I never have even heard of most of people here. Who in the heck are you people? And why do you think this sparlock thing is good to name an advocasy newsletter the same silly name? It is ridiculous? How much money that was donated, was used for this silliness?

[shakes head in amazement]

Reply ↓
    14. Tommy Gunz on June 18, 2013 at 3:01 am said:

You: Spent the whole night pissed off and angry writing words no one read.

Me: spent more time typing this then I cared all night.

I’ll tell you what, right me a novel for the morning so I can ignore that too ;)

HCL,
      Tommy

Reply ↓
    15. Renee on June 18, 2013 at 3:10 am said:

s–Kally, you are more then welcome to NOT read further newsletters. It’s that simple. The same goes for Steve.

Reply ↓
    16. rip van winkle on June 18, 2013 at 3:11 am said:

I was excited to see a newsletter, but really, why name it Sparlockian ? That is not something I would name a newsletter unless it is farce.
      And it is also quite offensive to title a section ” Engerish Prease” Is this your idea of a joke?It is racist and extremely offensive. Maybe time to rethink how you want to portray AAWA. You are either a serious org. Or you are a joke. Pick one.

Reply ↓
    17. Renee on June 18, 2013 at 3:31 am said:

The newsletter is something for us to have fun with guys. To laugh. To be happy. To feel the freedom that we all have. To share positive experiences with all. I know it made me feel that way.

AAWA IS serious. They are determined to bring to light to the public the harmful policies that are in place by the Watchtower. But also, at the same time we are free to express the lighter side of things. Again, this is something I appreciated about the newsletter. So much negative around us guys…let’s look at things more positively. Why not smile and chuckle a bit? Show support. That to me is awesome. And if you don’t agree with what is said, you are free to just not comment.

Hope everyone has a great day or evening where ever you are in the world. :)

Reply ↓
      • Hellpuppy on June 18, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

You might want to change the name of the “Engerish Prease” column…

It may not seem so to you but it really can be taken rather offensively…

Perhaps “Nigga please…”
        Or is poking at Asians funnier than poking at Blacks?

Reply ↓
    18. rip van winkle on June 18, 2013 at 3:44 am said:

Yes, I have been waiting for months to show my support. Waiting due to the force adding debacle. Waiting to see if I wanted to participate and volunteer and donate money.
      Waiting to see how AAWA was steering this ship.
      I am glad that I waited.
      There are several associated with AAWA that I like and respect, but I was right to wait.

Yes, I love to laugh, make jokes and have fun. And I think there is a time and place for light heartedness and sure it should be a part of the newsletter.

However Engerish Prease is NOT funny or light hearted . It is BIGOTRY.

Yes, I am glad that I waited.

Reply ↓
    19. Steve on June 18, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

I agree. This website is self indulgent. The people that run it care little about awareness and more about patting each other on the back for being so clever to leave and regale how stupid current jw’s are. The woeful lack of sensitivity is bournemouth out here with what appears to be a regular section “engerish prease”. I wonder how long the board of directors sat around discussing its inclusion and chuckling about how amusing it is while giving no regard to its racist undertones…..

Reply ↓
    20. Hellpuppy on June 18, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Engerish Prease???

You have got to be kidding me.
      Also the replies from the editors and writers in this comment section towards some posters are far from professional.

Humor and lightheartedness have their place but to make fun of the way some Asians speak in a column that seeks to explain terminology is in bad form. It’s akin to calling the column “The Ching Chong Chink English classroom”

Reply ↓
    21. Tommy Gunz on June 18, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Dudes, we got it! You’re not our demographic. Move on! Live your life. The Reaper waits for us all – outrun him.

But hey, I’m impressed that you guys stayed up all night to write me love letters. But you’re trolls and I treat you as such.

You’re like drunks kicked out of the bar stumbling over each other and pissing your pants while talking crap about the bar and bouncers. But guess what??? Everyone else knows what you are too :) You are my puppets . I write 20 words, and you respond with 2000. I’m. not reading one of yours and yet you sincerely think I care. I don’t. But please, write me another novel before lunch, at least you’re focused on beating me instead of your spouse and kids – if they haven’t left you yet

Agapé

Reply ↓
  • sir82
    sir82

Who is that "Tommy Gunz" num-nut over there? Did he have any other avatars on other forums? What a wack-job.

He makes sKally look calm & reasonable in their online "discussion". Never would have thought anyone could pull that off.

Just when you think an organization can't get any nuttier.....

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Part 2:

1. rip van winkle on June 18, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Sorry to disappoint you– no troll here. But you obviously are a bigot. You are not funny, but you are a joke. Glad to know that I’m not your demographic. Also glad that I am not one of your lackeys. Also glad that I didn’t donate money to another hateful organization .
      You obviously don’t have enough sense to acknowledge your error– just like the WTS.
      What has been pointed out to you was that your words are offensive. You don’t want to hear it so you call me a troll. You ate no different than the WTS who calls people mentally diseased for disagreeing with them. Grow up.

Reply ↓
    2. Tommy Gunz on June 18, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

You guys done with your temper tantrum? Did you get all your anger out?

Do you need a hug?

Reply ↓
    3. Steve on June 18, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

I guess aawa policy when confronted with genuine concerns is to make light of them, mock those posting their concerns and alienate an entire ethnic community. Failing that, bury your heads in the sand and pretend its not so bad. That seemed to be cesars tactic with the facebook fiasco.

Reply ↓
    4. rip van winkle on June 18, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Tommy Gunz you are a very hostile person. You do AAWA a disservice by dismissing members of the exjw community. And again by your behavior and attitude you show yourself to be a perfect reflection of the org. you abhor. Shame on you and your racist bigoted hateful arrogant passive aggressive attitude.

Reply ↓
    5. Steve on June 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

I love it. Tommy dismissive, racist, rude and arrogant comments here have done more to reveal the true nature of aawa than any protest comments could. Between them tommy and richard have provided evidence to suggest this place is just another hate filled ego massage for those who despise the watchtower organisation…… and its members.

Reply ↓
    6. B on June 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

Truly, these are the people who should be representing ex-JWs in the media. See how good they are at handling sensitive, delicate topics and listening to the concerns of their readers and potential supporters. *eye roll*

Oh, wait, no…they take pictures of themselves flipping off Kingdom Halls and call it “activism”. That’s right. What exactly did you expect from them?

Reply ↓
      • Steve on June 18, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

Its ok! They have credibility! They legally incorporated themselves. That automatically makes them credible doesn’t it? So if someone sues their corporation for the racially insestitive newsletter and the equally dismissive comments of its author would that be a bit of light hearted fun too?

Reply ↓
        • B on June 18, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

Can’t sue for that…freedom of speech is protected, even racist speech. But then, it doesn’t make you look like a great representative of an entire community, either.

Reply ↓

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit