Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ditto to what these guys said.

The swelling tide of of the conscious class grows by yet another mind.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Do most here feel God exists? What's your guys view of the bible?

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

...also...

freeminds.org

...is the website I used when leaving... it's also the vendor I used to buy 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom'

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Suspicious, I would say dont assume anything you have been taught is correct. Just dont make assumptions. Start with a blank white board and what can you prove to yourself, and what actually makes sense to you and only you. Its a wonderful journey,,,,

• cofty
    cofty

Suspicious - I became a "born-again" christian for around 9 years after I left. It was natural to assume that the basics of what I had always believed must be true. I eventually realised that it was necessary to use the same dishonest mind games to sustain a faith in god that I had previously used to keep faith with the Watchtower.

The question of evil has no satisfactory answer.

I studied science and now find reality to be far more awesome than superstitous beliefs about gods and demons.

On the question of the bible you might enjoy researching almost anything by Bart Ehrman. I would suggest looking at books or online lectures and debates by people like Sam Harris , Christopher Hitchens, Michael Shermer, Daniel Dennett, Richard Dawkins, Dan Barker and others.

There is some excellent examples on YouTube

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. I hope the forum can help you to find your way to peace.

Loz x

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the board suspicious. Keep an open mind and keep being suspicious :)

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Welcome! I've found that people here are at different stages of their journeys and have lots of different opinions and ideas. The best thing is that you can discuss questions, ideas and opinions freely, without fear of reprisal. I'm also born in, still in for now and have had or still have the same questions you do. jwfacts.com is the best place to start, but go slowly because it you'll find it's like a house of cards....

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

I was bornin 50 yrs ago . Researching for the last yr .

The facts show the Watchtower to be false in so many ways .

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome Suspicious! You are and you should be: suspicious that is!

I see you've already been directed to jwfacts.com and warned against sharing things with your friends and family.

Take your time. You have a lot to learn ... and a lot to unlearn!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit