Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

I guess I'm new here. Born in and an MS. Things just hasn't been making sense the more I think about it. I'm starting to get suspicious. I'm not sure what I'm asking or looking for... I guess I'm trying to see this at all angles. Not looking for bashing or name calling. Just facts I guess.

• wasblind
    wasblind

\Welcome

Your in the right place, Also check out JWFACTS website

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

The jwfacts website is a good one.

Also very good is Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience. It's not a hateful book at all.

He was a GB member who tells about his own suspicions and what he found.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

What kind of things are sending up red flags for you ? JWfacts.com is a great site to start with ,it is not sensationalism just facts using the Watchtowers own published words .

The book Crisis of Conscience helped very much too .

Good luck on your research and journey

• laverite
    laverite

Suspicious - you will find a mix of things here, including hateful behavior at times and also name calling (sad, but true). BUT...You will also find loving, caring people who are very genuine. Those two groups don't tend to overlap. There is also another group, the "scholars" (I'm looking at you Leo!!).

As others have said, jwfacts.org is awesome. "Crisis of Conscience" (by Franz) is a must read.

If you are willing to look at the facts, you will find out the real truth.

Best to you,

Lav

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Another vote for 'Crisis of Conscience'.

Good luck!

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Gosh, it'd be a long list to write all out. The more I think bout it the more I realize I've always had doubts but always walked around them. Basically I am questioning if JW is a man made organization or really the only means for "salvation." Being taught that all your life has it's toll and I think it's catching up. Especially when you 1st hand witness the hypocrisy among "true christians." One question just leads to another. Untill I reach where I'm at now. Which is, is the Bible really credible? Were people actually resurrected? Why don't we see any of these miraculous events?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Susp,

Welcome to JWN!

Descartes said: "I question, I think; therefore I am."

Keep an open mind, and you will figure it out.

zed

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Brace yourself, get ready for the ride of your life!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome.

You are asking good questions. Skepticism is your friend. Take your time, there is so much to learn. Its thrilling and terrifying all at once.

Resist the temptation to share things you discover with family and friends until you have a clear vision of what you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit