Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hi Suspicious,

1 year ago I had not been to this site.

1 year ago I was an active MS, a bit cynical perhaps, a bit dubious of certain doctrine perhaps but still well and truly mentally in.

I found this site whilst looking for answers on squaring early human development science with the Bible. Since then, since reading CoC and other similar books. Since investigating things such as 607 and flood geology my entire outlook has turned right around.

I have recently stepped down as a MS. I am trying to fade without alienating my family. I no longer beleive pretty much anything I was taught from a baby for the past 40+ years.

The conclusions you come to will be your own but please don't be afraid of seeking the answers. This board has been invaluable and you are very welcome to it.

All the best

k99

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

I thought you guys were evil psychos with nothin better to do than protest at conventions. I apoligize if I offend everyone but that's the mental picture I've always had. Here is a question though. If the GB are such brainwashers, well what's in it for them? They doing go on trips and enjoy life traveling or anything. I doubt they indivually have a lot of money to go out and buy whatever they want. I don't see what their motive would be.

• irondork
  • cofty
    cofty

Ray Franz addresses that question in his first book.

1. The GB have no need of money, they live very comfortably

2. Millions of people hang on their every word - that sort of adoration is addictive

3. They are captives of a concept that they inherited from others before them.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Hi Suspicious,

I can't add much to what these guys have already said, you will become yourself and not some identikit 'apostate'. I'm not sure many of us on here identify as apostate, just people who woke up. I think being a born-in, but with a non-witness parent, has made me question things for years and I now consider myself agnostic, but that's just my journey, you may well have a faith and find some other way to express it. There are no expectations on how to live our lives other than those we put on ourselves, and why would we do that to ourselves?!

In the meantime, enjoy the ride!

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Is there any chance they too could be genuine but misguided too? I thought I didn't have any questions, now it feels like I have a million lol. I was reading posts from some guy named Terry on here. His logic is astounding imo.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Suspicious - "I thought you guys were evil psychos with nothin better to do than protest at conventions. I apoligize if I offend everyone but that's the mental picture I've always had."

Oh, jeez: even back when I was still In, I never thought that; they just seemed kinda pathetic standing there in the rain every assembly.

Suspicious - "Here is a question though. If the GB are such brainwashers, well what's in it for them? They doing go on trips and enjoy life traveling or anything. I doubt they indivually have a lot of money to go out and buy whatever they want. I don't see what their motive would be."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian_personality

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Terry's a powerhouse.

• Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

Hey Suspicous. You remind me of myself :) good luck on your journey. I hope you make it out alive and intact.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Haha thank you. That's the plan Dazed. Yea Vidiot, it's really what we were taight. Reality is we are just all just humans getting by. Man I just realized I have a posting limit :( Anymore info or opinions on prophecy and the bible would be greatly appreciated.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. It's a lot to take in, once you start to question things. Don't rush, take your time, trust yourself to know what is right and what isn't. The worst thing about being a dub was that they taught you not to trust your own thoughts and feelings. They pretended it was so that you would be approved by God, when the reality is that it is so you would obey the organization and not question anything. Once you get past that hurdle, the truth becomes more and more obvious. I wish you well on your spiritual journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit