Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

My mother used to squelch my endless questioning with "Curiosity killed the cat." She never told me the second verse, which I discovered much later, "Satisfaction brought him back."

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Going to meetings is gonna be hard. How do those in manage? Im so torn.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Suspicious. One of the great lessons in life i believe, is to "let it be". Let things and people be what they are. Continue to learn and study. Start with your religion, then go to the bible, then to God if you want. Take your own journey. Just look at the people that responded to your post. They are athiests, agnostics, Christian.....I mean, what is it almost all of us have in common right?

Start with wether your beliefs hold up to scrutiny scripturally sicne that has been your authority thus far. Ann gave another good lesson, which is to not assume you already know something. Try to look at it with fresh eyes. Allow yourself to be wrong, and for the possibility for life to not mean anything in particular, and then your opportunities to understand and transform will present themselves.

I don't mean for that to sound overly sensational, but I really do mean it. You are mad young. So no need to come up with all the answers of the universe before the end of summer ok?

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Ok! That's great advice from everyone. Time to first see if jw can stand the scrutiny. Based on what I've read from the last two days it doesn't seem to be the case but Im here to look at this from all angles. Time to start new thread.

• laverite
    laverite

Suspicious - just take it easy. Take it slowly if you can. At least try to slow down. You do not have to have everything figured out overnight.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Like all the posters above said, remember that Armagedon is not coming soon! Read and study whatever makes you scratch your head. Take your time! You have all the time in the world.

Welcome to the rest of your life!

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Suspicious , hang in there, things become crystal clear in time- believe me. Be patient. We are here for you. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

As already said take it slow! Take time to look for answers. When I first learned the TATT I still beleived the bible was the word of god, as time went on my views on the bible changed to a more scientific understanding of the world.

I have to admit that the search for truth was exciting and liberating. I'm free of superstition and live my life with much more freedom than before.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Sorry. The update is I'm not rushing to find answers like I was. I would spend hours just googling and reading. Now I just study when I can. I feel like personally I am leaning towards not believing in a God anymore. I feel like everything I see now is different perspective wise. My way of thinking has changed. I'm no longer the person that glares at you for missing meeting or not being out preaching. I'm still trying to figure it all out on my own, but this time I'm keeping my sanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit