Suspicious

by Suspicious 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm almost speechless... So if this religion is flawed does that mean there really exists no God? What of the teaching of the statue in regards to the world powers that have reigned and I that we are living in the portion of clay mixed with iron? Are all prophecies in the Bible false? How can something I've learned my entire life be refuted so simply?

Hold up a little! It doesn't follow that if this religion is flawed, there must be no God. I know some people jump straight to atheism/agnosticism which by-passes a lot of intermediate steps involving the Bible and its claims and interpretations of it. Others remain theists or deists; still others remain Christians. I don't know whether you're an "all at once" guy or prefer to take things in stages. If the latter, consider first whether or not the WTS's interpretation of Dan. 2 is sound. How do other Christian theologians interpret the Bible's prophecies? After you've sorted out those kinds of questions, you may then want to figure out whether you believe the Bible or reevaluate your ideas about the Bible, Christianity and God. Take your time. There's no rush.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Wow the comparison between the Org and amway is so shockingly similar! When I went to my 1st "job interview" with them I connected their method of selling similar to the Org. I didn't think much of it till that was just mentioned. This is rather depressing now. I have yet much to discover.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Another question I have for those who don't believe in God is how do you answer where humans received their morals? Why do we have a voice inside our head called a conscience? Maybe I should start separate threads.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Behavioral evolution is a cutting-edge field.

The general consensus is that altruistic and ethical behavior evolved because, like any physical trait, it provided survival and reproductive advantages.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For morals, try googling "reciprocal altruism".

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

If that's the case why is it wrong to steal or burglurize? Especially in opportunities where there is a slim chance of being caught.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Suspicious - "Why do we have a voice inside our head called a conscience?"

Jiminy Cricket doesn't talk to me...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Suspicious - "If that's the case why is it wrong to steal or burglurize? Especially in opportunities where there is a slim chance of being caught."

Humans were tribal for a long time before we became "civilized". Back in those days, the actions of cheaters were a lot easier to curtail in a community (becasue tribes were, by definition, small) and there was far greater incentive to keep 'em curtailed; stealing food or clothes could condemn the victim to death.

Not so much nowadays; we have a much higher population density, so it's harder to keep track of cheaters, and having our food and clothes stolen is far less likely to kill us, 'cause there's access to lots more (plus we have insurance).

Getting away with shit on a regular basis is a fairly recent thing; arguably, a byproduct of civilization.

With the onset of the Information Age, however, it's definately getting harder.

EDIT: And despite what you've been taught at the KH (and the impression you may get from the 6:00 news), statistics provide a fairly reliable indication that the types of individuals who commit antisocial activities like you mentioned are actually a very small minority.

The planet isn't the all-encompassing cesspool we were told.

• irondork
    irondork

AnnOMaly: After you've sorted out those kinds of questions, you may then want to figure out whether you believe the Bible or reevaluate your ideas about the Bible, Christianity and God.

Great answer!

Also, when you discerned other religions were false, did it cause you to question the bible? The existence of God? The only thing that is happening here is your discovery that Babylon the Great consists of one more religious organization than you thought it did a few days ago. That's all.

Jesus warned us that "many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ (the anointed) and will mislead many. (Mathew 24:5) You are witnessing the fulfillment of that prophesy and it's hitting you a lot closer than you ever imagined... or were prepared for.

Please don't jump to conclusions regarding the bible or God. Let the dust settle for a while. Read. Study. Meditate. Pray.

Don't jump.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome and what a rollicking start to your post! Hope you find your way. (I am a 59 year old woman from the midwest who was raised in and has left the so called "truth" 2 1/2 years ago. I must say, I am happy to find out everything I have learned here. Hope you do also.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit