What would it take for YOU to come back?

by noonehome 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

I would go back in a flash if given a mandate to dismantle the harlot.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I'm waiting for the one true religion. It's not here. They're not it. In the interim; Live Well... Enjoy Life.

• trebor
    trebor

I can't think of anything that would make me return to a lie and hypocrisy, unless I was to become a lying hypocrite.

There is no "what if" its true. Because the whole premise of the organization, its belief system and world-view is twisted, incorrect and formulated by men who believe everyone else is wrong, but they are right.

The only reason to contemplate such a question is out of fear. The basis of that fear is the interpretation of a high level control group who have a documented history of flip-flops in their teachings and numerous false prophesies of 'the end'.

-Blaming women for rape and worthy of everlasting destruction with no eternal life if they did not scream while being raped.

-Over a decade of telling their followers that Organ Transplants are Cannibalistic.

-Became a 'friend of the court' with Jimmy Swaggart to try and stop publications from being taxed, to then cease charging for the publications, and lying about their reasons for doing so after losing their case.

-Being a NGO of the United Nations for years, while preaching that any association with such a political entity makes that religious organization a part of Babylon the Great.

-Pinatas origins (Associated with demonic spirits and the releasing of deadly sins) do not matter and are just harmless fun, while other things are forbidden in part or entirely due to their origin.

-In Mexico - it was okay to bribe/obtain $5.00 political card to avoid problems; in Africa you could not accept or obtain a $0.25 political card, resulting in the death, torture, and rape of many.

-Lying about and covering up the support and references of works by Johannes Greber - A believer and follower of Spiritism.

-At least two entirely different teachings and history of their Faithful and Discreet Slave (Class).

-Several "Yes" and "No" beliefs/teachings on the resurrection of the Men of Sodom

-Back and forth on their teaching and belief of the Superior Authorities, returning back to teachings from decades ago.

-Numerous interpretation of "This Generation" ultimately returning to older beliefs.

-Jesus Christ is mediator for only the 144,000

-Belief that dead anointed members have involvement in communicating "the truth".

-Stance and understanding that religion should not divide family, unless it is for their religion.

-The organization is your spiritual mother.

-Bashing and discrediting other religions while crying persecution when they are bashed or discredited.

-The belief that what the organization teachings "has become part of the bible and adhering to it are essential for salvation".

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What in the universe could possibly make anyone return to that mess of a lie and a cesspool of ignorance and self-righteousness?

• Caedes
    Caedes

I don't know but it will probably be the same day Satan puts in a big order for thermal underwear.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I have been considering going back. I have been away nearly 8 years but I left because I was angry at Jehovah and had no friends in the cong which was cold to me. But i now realize i was wrong to blame Jehovah and am no longer angry at him. I don't know if I could return to meetings on a regular basis and would prefer to go to a different cong.

Its hard to say but I have always believed most of what Jws teach-it just did not seem to matter to me anymore.

I was upset over the un/ngo thing but don't have all the facts and the wts is not Jehovah anyway. But it could be God's org. Jws are the only ones devoted to fullfilling Matthew 24:14.

Its difficult, I may go back to a meeting and hate it or I might feel comfortable. Its something I have been thinking about more and more. I want to get rid of my negativity about jws.

I had a purpose in life as a jw. If I was to go to any religion it would be back to jws.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I have determined that a loving, reasonable god would not destroy someone because they refused to be associated with a religion that:

propagated false teachings for decades upon decades

falsely predicted Armageddon a number of times

was responsible for thousand of needless deaths of its members by forbidding blood transfusions, tranplants and other medical procedures such as vaccinations

published their own translation of the Bible to back up their interpretation of the scriptures

believes that God is capable of killing Billions of innocent people because Adam and Eve ate a piece of fruit thousands of years ago

and continues to change doctrine back and forth, back and forth

So NO, I'm never going back.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If all I had to do was go to the meetings without participating, I would have a hard time turning down 20 million dollars.

If I had to fully participate as a member like I used to, there is nothing that could make me want that.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I have decided not to go back to the meetings. I guess it would be just as it was when I left and there would be nothing there to make me want to keep going to meetings.

• Mum
    Mum

factfinder: You have just made a decision that could lead to happiness and fulfillment. First, you need to set goals and take steps to achieve them.

I don't know how old you are, but you need to find out what you want to do with the rest of your life. Do you already have a satisfying career and happy personal relationships. If not, you probably will in the near future.

Best wishes for a happy future. Keep coming back and letting us know how things are progressing for you.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

There is NOTHING that would make me go back. The mental abuse is enough for me to steer clear. Leaving was the BEST thing that I ever did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit