What would it take for YOU to come back?

by noonehome 69 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"What if it IS true?" - This tells me you haven't fully severed their mind control yet. Please don't be insulted. It took me years to do it. But once you do.......the stark realization is that it cannot possibly be true. To me, the notion of saying "what if they ARE right?" is on par with saying "what if water ISN'T made of hydrogen and water?" The possibility just does not exist.

It would take a miracle performed by a God I don't really even believe in. Even if they did away with shunning, and stopped lying, and stopped quoting people out of context, and stopped attacking those that disgree, stopped allowing people to die, stopped protecting pedophiles etc etc.......even IF all of this was done away with.......it doesn't change the fact that Jerusalem fell in 587BC....not 607. Therefore they cannot be the one and only true religion as they claim. To me.....this is no different than asking if you would JOIN Scientology if they got rid of all their bat shit crazy teachings. I doubt if you would because their foundation is still rotten. The same is true of the Watchtower.

Sadly your buddy is a classic victim of high control fear mongering.

• Zordino
    Zordino

2 dozen Wild horses .... Maybe.

• sspo
    sspo

Only a fool would go back after he has learned about the lies of the watchtower.

The answer is nothing would bring me back and play the silly game of beleiving.

• moshe
    moshe

I could humble myself and go back for Sunday meetings- my only requirement is a free luncheon smorgasbord afterwards- nothing cheap will do, so don't skip the chilled shrimp on the salad bar-- and mimosas/bloody marys for starters.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Not a freaking thing

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The list of changes would be so long and the religion would pretty much have completely dissolved in order to get me to go back.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

As of this moment I haven’t left, but every once in a while my mind reverts back to the “what if it IS true” state.

So, let's say that, you know, it's da troof or something.

What, then, are we to expect? Kinda stating something similar to what I've said in other threads here, but - are fireballs going to just suddenly start raining down from the sky, wiping out civilization and every man, woman, and child on the earth except JWs? Or will giant cracks open up in the earth, swallowing people alive? Again, everybody except JWs?

Think about what THE TRUTH means, according to JWism. It's horrible! And it's a ridiculous fantasy.

Don't let 'em scare ya. Scaring people is their stock-in-trade, and millions of people dying will never live because of their stupid self-deluded bullshit.

• Mum
    Mum

What rip van winkle said, and a few more items, such as:

full equality for women, respect and care for children, free housing, free food, freedom, of thought, acceptance of human differences.

As others have pointed out, you have been brainwashed. I have seen TV documentaries about former cult members who have been deprogrammed, and they admit that they know it was wrong but still feel drawn back to it at tiumes.

Hang in there. Get counseling and any other help you need to get over it. Make a list of "reasons" why you think you might want to go back. If I made such a list, it would be blank.

Best wishes on your journey to total freedom.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would take being physically dragged into the Kingdumb Hell and sealed in the religion by the filthy angels. Or, having the Vatican seize control and smack down humanity as it did during the inquisition, and having them assign me to being a jokehovian witless and enforcing it the way they did people becoming cat licks during the inquisition. Or being reincarnated into a family where both parents are strict jokehovian witlesses and being set up so that, unless I become one and stay there, I am doomed to fail in life. (Yes, there are witless children whose parents are 100% in on it for their first 7 years, and they have a miserable time trying to leave the cancer.)

And even then I would hate it, and not fully believe it. Fear, as often of blackmail and having joke-hova interfere with my life as of destruction at Armageddon, is usually what keeps people in--along with not learning to think (or having the chance to do so). That I never had my first 7 years being solidly devoted to joke-hova, Jesus, or being afraid of Satan and His Demons means that I am not restricted to the jokehovian witlesses in this life. However, if I get reincarnated in the jokehovians, that would give them another chance to destroy my chances of getting out. I would always sense something is wrong, but be afraid of the consequences (here and now, not destruction) of looking elsewhere as they program people in all the xian religions.

• 5go
    5go

Pretty much what Bob 007 said with an exception that god must make some reforms and changes for the better or I am throwing in with the devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit