What would it take for YOU to come back?

by noonehome 69 Replies latest jw friends

• noonehome
    noonehome

Just curious. As of this moment I haven’t left, but every once in a while my mind reverts back to the “what if it IS true” state. Would it take a miracle or some kind of divine sign for you to make the 180? Or let’s say disfellowshipping was axed and it became a “conscious matter” whether or not to shun (don’t hold your breath…) . Is there anything that would change your mind, making you become a witness again?

I had a buddy tell me once that he couldn’t understand why people would leave instead of playing it safe and staying, because he wouldn’t want to die. Pretty messed up but I think allot probably feel this trap, whether or not they’d admit it.

I don’t really want to get into Pascal’s wager or anything. But seriously, what, if anything, would it take?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

A million billion dollars!!!!.. and I didn't have to attend any meetings, go out in service.. or read any publications ..

• Heaven
    Heaven

I had a buddy tell me once that he couldn’t understand why people would leave instead of playing it safe and staying, because he wouldn’t want to die.

The delusion that Witnesses carry, right to their deaths, is that they aren't going to die. Sheesh. There is not one person in the history of mankind that has not died. Not one single person.

There is nothing Botchtower can do to make me want to join them. Not one thing. I enjoy the freedom I have to be me and live my life as I choose. My life is mine, not theirs.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

Proof of God's existence and that the JWs are his sole channel on Earth.

Obviously I'm never ever going back.

• noonehome
    noonehome

Heaven

Being raised believing that you'll never die is a harmful fantasy. Facing my own mortality is one of the hardest things I've had to do in the past year and a bit, since realizing me and everyone I know is infact going to die one day... The Flaming Lips say it best:

http://youtu.be/5zYOKFjpm9s

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Since I know TTATT there's no need to consider if I would ever go back because they just might be right. It isn't logical.

• irondork
    irondork

If Jesus Christ himself were to visit my home and ask me to return to the Kingdom Hall, I would chose death and respectfully refuse. I would not demean myself by worshipping a God who would crawl in bed with that organization.

I have standards.

• talesin
    talesin

What Tater-T said :P

• James Brown
    James Brown

I'm not gonna say, or I cant say. I have been out since 83.

There was a time in the 70's I would have said I am never leaving or cant immagine

leaving. Now I cant immagine ever going back.

When I was in my 30's I used to run 35 miles a week. I used to feel great doing it.

I would say I am going to run for the rest of my life. When I turned 50 I couldnt run anymore.

I'm just saying some things you can never say, or its best off not to say.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Many miracles:

1 miracles by biblegod to prove he exists

2 miracles by jesus to prove he exists and show me exactly who he is, personally

3 miracles to disprove all the contradictions and bs in the bible

4 miracles to prove that the wt corp really is the channel

That is just for starters.....

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit