What would it take for YOU to come back?

by noonehome 69 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

Well, if they accepted gays and changed how they do things -- and accepted people of all beliefs, I could see going to some meetings and events with family. But that ain't gonna happen. So I won't ever have to worry about it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Mum,

Thank you!

I have been having to deal with a lot of situations and dissapointments the last year or so that have left me feeling I have nothing to look forward to, no future. I wondered if going back would become a comfort to me, give me back a hope like I used to have as an active witness. I was considering this for a long time.

But I realize now it would be a waste of time.

My situation is still in many ways tentative, but going back to the KH would simply be dissapointing to me. And knowing the TATT I could not believe everything again.

Thank you for your encouragement Mum! :)

• Mum
    Mum

You're so welcome, ff. I hope you start on a new path that will take you to the place of your dreams!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Mum!

That would be great!

• Quendi
    Quendi

TTATT has made it impossible for me to ever consider returning to the WTS, and I have people still trapped there whom I love and miss terribly. Nevertheless, I know I am better off on the outside looking in than on the inside looking out.

Quendi

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i no longer felt secure in my belief that Christ returned invisibly in 1914 due to a change that was made, in my view. therefore i could not engage in the field service. which meant i was not a witness.

if i once again became secure in this belief of Christ invisible presence from 1914 then i would return as they are the only ones teaching this to my knowledge and i would feel that i could engage in the preaching again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ucant, that was the reason I stopped F.S too, I could not in all conscience go and teach something not in the Bible, and for which there was simply no evidence either.

An Elder , at the end of my "Shepherding" call for not going in F.S, promised to return to strengthen my faith in the 1914 teaching. That was about six years ago, I am still waiting for him to call.

Good job I didn't hold my breath.

• Splash
    Splash

I want to see the end of hourly reporting.

I want proper charitable activities that Jesus would be proud of.

The end of deceptive quote mining in the publications.

The end of Theocratic Warfare.

Elders to mind their own business with personal matters and choices.

Lose the obsession with being 'different' for the sake of it.

Legal compliance and financial transparency.

Cultivate love and care, not fear, gossip and guilt.

Admission of false teachings.

Splash

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

For me to go back, I'd need to be dead and have my corpse dragged into the Kingdom Hall by a rope.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I too must answer this question with tongue in cheek.

I'm resurrected on a paradise earth and find out that everything that the WT teaches was really the truth.

or

The GB gives away the billions in $ and real estate to the poor, hungry and disadvantaged AND they become homeless tent makers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit