Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
  • Satanus
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Satanus - I think there is a book on amazon. Lost in translation = that may be deealing with this exact thing.

I'm not sure. i noticed it months ago, but didn't pay much heed.

last post- need sleep - knackered. Too old for these all nighters.

Why has the Bible been changed by Jehovahs Witnesses?

wiki.answers.com/Q/why_has_the_bible_been_changed_by_Jehovahs_Witnesses

Interesting.

the Bible translation has been recognised by many experts as an excellent and faithful rendering of the original texts that, according to the documented

texts, merits its place alongside other modern translations of the holy scriptures.

Apparently

In 1989 Professor Benjamin Kedar of Israel said

'' in my linguistic research in connection with the Hebrew bible and translations, i often refer to the English edition of what is known as NWT

In doing so, I and my feelings repeatedly confirmed that this work reflects an honest endeavour to achieve an understanding of the

text that is accurate as possible.

Giving broad command of the original languagess, it renders the original words into a second language understandably without deviating unnecssarily

from the specific structure of the Hebrew....

... I have never discovered in the NWT any biased intent to read something into the text that it doesnot contain''

Jehovahs Witnesses haven't changed the bible, but the other religions have.

• *lost*
    *lost*

jeffro - how many types of pagan are there ? I don't know. Can you list them for me and I can look them up. thanks

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lost

You will find your way. Then, you won't be lost, anymore;)

S

• *lost*
    *lost*

Satanus lol sent you a pm

not lost no more buddy, have found the truth, ha hahahhah

• *lost*
    *lost*

I'll go back over this later when i can think staight, then I'll note down your suggestions, and go through them all.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    jeffro - how many types of pagan are there ? I don't know. Can you list them for me and I can look them up. thanks

It's really just a subjective and essentially valueless term to describe 'non-Abrahamic religions', with groundless implications that 'Abrahamic religions' are somehow 'right' or 'superior'. This is probalby the sense to which you ascribe, but probably without acknowledging that it is entirely subjective.

By extension, 'pagan' connotes 'uncivilised', which also fairly accurately describes the character of the deity and its followers as described in the Old Testament.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Jeffro - so why do YOU think that ?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey lost, what is the truth you've found? I'm interested in finding truth, if it's to be found.

Also, the NWT has been acknowledged as a good translation of the Hebrew texts. It's when you compare its translation of the nt Greek with the Greek that it falls flat on its face AMD falls into obfuscation and outright changes to support the Jw bias. I did the research myself on it at bible.cc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit