Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWB
    JWB

Hmm, burning books seems to be quite the thing when you don't want people to know the whole story. So sad about what happened at Alexandria. Seems the Church knew best so nobody needed 'education' (sound familiar?). Can't have reason and logic clouding the issue can we?

• *lost*
    *lost*

JWB, I'm sorry, as I cannot interpret your tone, I'm not sure if you are being sacrastic or stating truth, that the importance of history and literature shoul be preserved.

___________-

Book of Enoch, Jubiless, mentioned in the Bible, why ?

anyone ?

• tec
    tec

Quite often on here we get Bible believers trying to tie the whole mess that is the Bible together, and maintaining that it tells us about just one "True" god.

Well, i am not a 'bible believer', but the writers of the bible are worshipping one God: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. However, they did not always know the Truth about Him, and so the differernt views that can be seen in the bible about His character come from their lack of knowledge, and can seem like different versions of Him. As well, the errors from the 'lying pen of the scribes', add to the contradictions. Scribes who themselves do not know, and so translate as they THINK they know, and then people who depend upon the written word rather than the Spirit of Truth, may be misled by those errors. Then pass those down, etc, etc.

Hence we have the TRUE Word of God, who came to give us the Truth OF God: Christ. If you want to see the Father, who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacb... then look at Christ. Christ is the LIVING Image of God.

Who is this "True" god, and what is the proof that he is True ?

The Father of Christ, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... as shown through His Truth and Word: Christ.

Christ is that proof.

Not just the Christ we read about, the man who preached and died, but the man who taught, died and rose so that He is alive, in Spirit, as the Holy Spirit, and teaching people STILL.

Peace to you,

tammy

• JWB
    JWB

"lost", yes I am being sarcastic, but not to you.

• *lost*
    *lost*

tec thank you

so many often times we get small minded narrowed empty intellect that think everything is 'You beileve in a God, your so stupid '

it is not about believing, but no matter how many times you state that, they are so mentaly challenged and maligned and hell bent on getting their sbipey little comments down for the world to see, they refuse to acknowledge the obvious and stated.

I guess they are of so little value in the 'real world' where we got education, and books and free discussion, they got to revert to the perveted ingraind dogma of what once their lives.

JWB thank you

• cofty
    cofty
    Not just the Christ we read about, the man who preached and died, but the man who taught, died and rose so that He is alive, in Spirit - Tammy

He was an egocentric false prophet who said nothing original.

He predicted his imminent parousia - still waiting.

He got himself killed by the Romans for being a bloody pest and subsequently turned into a pile of dust like everybody before and since.

His followers vary from kindly and intelligent individuals to raving lunatics and everything in between.

Mostly they are people who think that being "nice" is the greatest virtue.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Most JWs have a visual in their head of what apostasy looks like. It's a mentally diseased person who has been led astray by obviously false teachings and is now corrupted and perverse. This crazy apostate believes insane and twisted things. Things like Jehovah is actually Satan... If you take a YouTube video and believe it you fit in perfectly with this preconceived apostate picture. There are lots of things on the Internet and tv presented in a way to sound convincing. But, there is a reason that no scholars know them or teach them.

It does all "apostates" a disservice if you tell lots of people this stuff you are learning. Keep it in, learn lots more before you ever try to convince someone that Jehovah is Satan.

• tec
    tec

He was an egocentric false prophet who said nothing original.

He says (present tense) many original things. But people tend to hear only what they can bear to hear; the rest they will turn from or dismiss. (I have many things to tell you, but you cannot yet bear them) Just as many disciples turned from Him when he spoke of being the bread that came down from heaven; that to have life one must eat his flesh and drink his blood.

He predicted his imminent parousia - still waiting.

He predicted nothing false.

He, Himself, did not know when He would return to gather all those who belong to Him.

But He did come as the Holy Spirit... so as to leave no one as orphans (as He promised)... until the time comes to gather all those who belong to Him, and establish the Kingdom.

He got himself killed by the Romans for being a bloody pest and subsequently turned into a pile of dust like everybody before and since.

He did not get himself killed by the Romans for such a thing. You, yourself, have no evidence to make such a statement.

And I do not hear from a pile of dust, nor do others who hear Him... but rather from the living Spirit.

His followers vary from kindly and intelligent individuals to raving lunatics and everything in between.

Since the invitation is open to anyone and everyone who wishes to follow Him, then the above just makes sense, doesn't it?

Mostly they are people who think that being "nice" is the greatest virtue.

I would suggest that that should be 'love'... but to each his own.

Peace,

tammy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Just being devil's advocate here, not to cause offence, but if Jesus represents the God of Abraham et al in flesh, why did he behave so very different to YHWH of the ot? Jesus taught love, peace and charity and showed compassion for all he came across in some way or other, whereas YHWH incited violence and plagues upon innocent civilians. Sounds like two different individuals, unrelated ones at that.

• tec
    tec

Hi Julia!

He did not behave differently than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

He behaved differently than some of what the writings depicted Him as being. (or as we understand some of those writings to depict Him as being)

That is why it is not 'see the OT, see God'... but rather 'see Christ, see God'.

The bible is not the word or image or truth of God.

Christ is the word, image and truth of God.

Once you are looking through the Image and Truth of God... then you can also begin to discern the truth from the errors in the OT. (or in your understanding of those writings) Or you can just look at Christ and not worry about the rest, but when confronted by someone with something that seems to contradict the Truth that Christ gives of His Father, you will be better able to give a witness and answer.

For instance, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice" is OT, that Christ repeated, and that shows the truth in the OT, and that Christ showed... because Christ himself taught mercy. Hosea 6:6

God has not changed, and does not change. Only our image or understanding of Him changes.

But He SENT us His Image, and Word, and Truth: Christ.

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit