Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

I read the entire thread.

It's just unattributed cut-and-paste from somewhere.

• *lost*
    *lost*

actually it is not cut and paste, although that is a favourite of a lot of posters here.

it is there, look harder.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

My two cents to this post. I do not rely on what other people say, I do my own research.

In Ray Franz's book: In search of Christian Freedom on pg 499 Ray uses a source named Rud Persson, (Google it) Rud makes the comment and without quoting the entire page, I will sum it up. " Those who copied or translated the Greek Septuagint placed the Heberw Tetragrammaton in the Greek text. They did not translate it into some Greek expressions corresponding to "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" or even transliterate the Hebrew letters into Greek letters." He further adds "on coming upon these four letters, tried to read them as Greek letters and thus pronounced them as "Pi Pi". Please note, the Greek Language has no translation for "JEHOVAH" as Lost notes it is an invented name,. If you did the research you will note the Name Jehovah first appears along with the King James VERSION bible, which in my opinion was a government-issued bible. At which point satan gets what he wants as recorded in Isiah 14: 13-14. He has made himself GOD, Thanks to the JWs, myself included, for preaching this for over 40 years, The world has been hoaxed into praying to Satan masked as JEHOVAH.

People all it takes to see this is some research and thinking ability. Known as common sense!

Very good job LOST

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mint no more, forever)

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the kj bible is state issued, isn't christianity state sponsered religion? If the kj bible is satanic, isn't christianity satanic, also?

S

• *lost*
    *lost*

BOH regards

thank you for the piece ref: Raymond Franz, I do not have the book yet, and with all the hours I spent researching this,

then taking my own notes, then typing up here (not copy and pasting, which is in my opinion laziness personified, no offence to anyone)

I was too frazzled to start looking for Franz'z info as well.

Considering Franz's position in the organisation, and how he was treated, and other subsequent persons of high standing. who rebelled, but had the courage to stand up and speak out, the WT has a record of appalling behaviour and treatment of its'slaves'. combine that with all the other scandals of the wt and known lies, the paedo issues, the cover ups etc, the list goes on.

• *lost*
    *lost*

some info on the King James Version of the Bible (wiki)

English translation of the christian Bible for the Church of England

begun 1604 completed 1611

3rd translation into English to be approved by the English Church authorities.

The 1st was The Great Bible commissioned in teh reign of King Henry 8th

the second was the Bishops Bible 1568

1604 King James 1 of England a new English Bible was conceived in response to

the perceived problems of the earlier translations as deetected by the puritans - a faction within the C oc E

King James gave the translators instructions intended to gaurentee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episocopal stuctureof the C of E and belief in an ordained priesthood.

The translation was done by 47 scholars all of which were members of the C of E

In common with most other translations of the period

(bear in mind what was going on in that day and age and the power struggles etc in Governments and Churches)

• Comatose
    Comatose

I would think that the name Jehovah actually meaning Satan would be big enough news that everyone here would have heard of it and other religions would beat JWs about the head with it. Are you basing this on just what Strongs old book said or is there other in depth evidence? I didn't give up on one old book just to listen to a new old book. I require multiple lines of evidence.

Dnnt get mad and think I'm ripping you as I am not. But posters here like leo have done exhaustive research and shared it all. As far as I know, others haven't mentioned that Jehovah is Satan. Remember that Strongs concordance is just one opinion of the bible. It isn't the end all of the discussion.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Comatose - respect.

We are singing from the same sheet. Unfortunately, I'm the messenger that is getting beat about the head, by people

who are refusing to actually research the information ( as simple as it is these days with pc) and either prove or disprove what is being said.

I stated form the start, I was making the information that was made known to me, available here for others to inspect,

not that it was some kind of dream I had and decided I would fabricate this.

Like you I thought /think the same things, it is so big, why doesn't everyone know about it. I am half sorry now for sharing the information, for others, given what has happened. But how could I not, would it be any different to knowing about wrong doing in the org and turning a blind eye ? That would be selfish and not fair to those wo should know this, whether or not they believe it is entirely their choice.

Just as the jw's refuse to listen/believe when presented with facts agaisnt the wt, do we not all want one thing in common here ? to save loved one's relatives etc form the clutches of this organisation ?

When it was made known to me, I researched it, right through the night. When you know where to look it is fairly easy to find, it's even on you tube now, but, it's knowing where to look. In all the months/years i have spent questioning the religion, and researching and studying myself, never once did I find this.

If you search jehovah, everywhere you get the same thing. But when you dig deeper, if you get directed whewre to go, like given a map, it's easier to find.

I have only got this far in my research of it. It made me feel physically sick, and very upset when I found out. (it was bad enough first time round, finding out TTATT, which i would never of known if it wasn't for this site here and all of the dedicated people involved. Do i regret finding out TTATT, no way. finding this out about the deception behind the name jehovah, has given me an amazing sense of peace, peace of the mind. No more guilt etc.

Like I said, I wish I could of found this out months ago, it would of saved me a lot of heartache. I wanted others to have the same opportunity. It's like being in a movie, surreal.

regards

• *lost*
    *lost*

comatose

ps given the reaction here - is it anywonder people have kept their mouth shut about it, really ?

also, why do WT have their own Bible ? which is heavily critisced. I had never heard of the word jehovah, until the day one of them knocked on my door, i was anti-estblishment organised religion back then, but i did have a belief that there was some truth to God.

i looked in a dictionary, it said jehovah, god's name. i never even thought no different about it. Yeah, god's name alright, god of wickedness, perversion etc.

master of deceit, he done a bang on job with this one didn't he.

• cofty
    cofty

lost - I read the whole thread carefully and still couldn't work out what your point was.

Oppostate explained it to you very clearly at the top of page 3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit