Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

It is possible that Abraham grew up with the knowledge of God the Father, creator. Which is why when he was called by God to get up and leave the land, he knew exactly what he was doing and why, and he knew exactly which God was the true God.

The knowledge handed down, father to son from Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses. This was their culture that they adhered to (mostly) same as people today.

Of course paganism was rife as was devil worship and all manner of deplorable things.

There were many gods, demons, pagan rituals. These have survived down to our day.

If God only every identified himself as 'I am' in that 'I am God, the Father, the creator, the one true God, even though man has many other gods beside me, ' I AM' God.

And iff Moses grew up with the same knowledge, has handed down through time in their culture, then it is obvious he knew God, as did Abraham.

God's name, personal name, is not relevant or an issue.

It is the jw's that made god's name so important.

They have committed something heinous, they have taken on a name, invented by a monk, involved in spiritism and magic,

and they have attributed this false name to the Most High, One True god, that scripture and history teaches us.

This is my understanding, what I have learned so far on my journey.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Adam without doubt is a fictional character, so more than likely is "Abraham", and little proof if any exists outside of the Bible for Moses and his exploits.

It interests me though, as I asked on another thread, who was the God of "Abraham" and "Melchizedech" ?

Bible texts redacted by the Prietly champions of Yahweh would have us believe that this early in History these two characters worshipped only Yahweh, but was Mel really a King/Priest who worshipped Yahweh ?

All these questions I fear are difficult to resolve, certainly all solid archaeology seems to point to all people living at the supposed time of Mel and Abe as being poly-theistic. Mono-theism was a much later development.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Who knows what else could be discovered in Persia, if only there could be more excavations and archeological digs.

mp - I'm gonna look into melchizedech.

edit: what is the significance of Melchizedech ?

• *lost*
    *lost*

didn't other tribes who weren't Hebrews know and recognise that there was One True God the creator, like Job, he was an oriental ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Bible book of Job is based upon a very old folk tale, but it, the Bible book of Job, was written between the 6th and 4th century B.C

Written in the era that most of Israel had become monotheistic in other words.

What "Job" (again, if he ever existed) believed, one god or many?, we cannot know.

The book is a great piece of literature though IMHO.

• *lost*
    *lost*

The website

catholic education.org

has a good piece written up. loooks interesting

• tec
    tec

What proof have you got he is alive ? Where can i see or hear him ?

He speaks.

Anywhere. (I do not think that you can see Him though; Paul had a hard time seeing Him, on the road to Damascus)

He does speak to everyone though. Some people just dismiss him as their own inner voice or conscience or thoughts, until they learn to recognize His voice. But many people have followed his voice out of the wts.

Which witnesses ? The gospels are not witnesses, they contradict each other on nearly ever significant fact.

Of course they are witnesses. They are about Christ. They are written accounts of witnesses who gave their testimony to others to either pass on or write down. They do not contradict on any significant detail.

We can see from Abrahams life that his god is very much different from Moses god. For one they had different names. God evolved along with the evolution of Jewish culture. At one time they god allowed them to have multiple wives, and then later on they didnt.

God did not change, but their understanding of Him did.

I mean, people think the OT 'God' and the NT 'God' are two different beings, due to their differences. But God is the same, and we know now, as shown through Christ.

It is just the understanding of the people that changes.

Peace,

tammy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"It is just the understanding of the people that changes."

or put another way, as the mind of man evolves, so the "God" that man invented changes.

I believe we are on the cusp of the time in human intellectual evolution when religion will be seen as an irksome irrelevance, and following that "God" will disappear too.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Some people just dismiss him as their own inner voice or conscience or thoughts, until they learn to recognize His voice.

Are you suggesting every inner voice is Christ?

• tec
    tec

No, people have their own inner voice as well.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit