Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yadda yadda 2
  • *lost*
    *lost*

Yadda Yadda

Interestingly Voltaire was also the name of a famous Show jumping staliion.

• mP
    mP

TeC

He says (present tense) many original things. But people tend to hear only what they can bear to hear; the rest they will turn from or dismiss.

mP:

Name one, and i will show you he was quoting the OT.

• mP
    mP

TeC

The Father of Christ, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... as shown through His Truth and Word: Christ.

Christ is that proof.

mP:

How exactly do you know what Jesus said, if the gospels are filled with errors.

• tec
    tec

Why do you tell fibs, when you know that Abraham did not know Jehovah. Look at Exodus 3.

I said the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob... for a reason. For the same reason that I might say that my God is the Father of Christ. Rather than 'jehovah' of the wts. To make it clear, so that there are no mistakes just because someone might be misusing His Name.

Exodus 3:16

Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, appeared to me and said; i have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt.

There is no mistake in the above of who Moses is speaking with, as He is both named and described as being the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

How exactly do you know what Jesus said, if the gospels are filled with errors.

By testing them, and asking Him.

Against what the Spirit of Truth (Christ) says now, in spirit. He is alive and does speak, even now, as He said He would.

Against love.

In corroboration with what else is written by other witnesses to Him as well.

Peace,

tammy

• *lost*
    *lost*

Tammy.

Love your comments

• tec
    tec

Thank you Lost.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC

Against what the Spirit of Truth (Christ) says now, in spirit. He is alive and does speak, even now, as He said He would.

Against love.

mP:

What proof have you got he is alive ? Where can i see or hear him ?

TEC

In corroboration with what else is written by other witnesses to Him as well.

MP: Which witnesses ? The gospels are not witnesses, they contradict each other on nearly ever significant fact.

• mP
    mP

mP: Why do you tell fibs, when you know that Abraham did not know Jehovah. Look at Exodus 3.

TEC

I said the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob... for a reason. For the same reason that I might say that my God is the Father of Christ. Rather than 'jehovah' of the wts. To make it clear, so that there are no mistakes just because someone might be misusing His Name.

mP:

We can see from Abrahams life that his god is very much different from Moses god. For one they had different names. God evolved along with the evolution of Jewish culture. At one time they god allowed them to have multiple wives, and then later on they didnt.

Exodus 3:16

Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, appeared to me and said; i have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt.

mP:

Again how can Moses know the God of Abraham if he didnt know his name. Is that really knowing someone ? if Abraham knew one god with one name and Moses speaks to another, are they are the same person ?

TEC

There is no mistake in the above of who Moses is speaking with, as He is both named and described as being the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

MP:

Even though we have the absurdity of two different named gods, they are the same. This is some duality or trinity ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit