Who is the "True God of the Bible" ?

by Phizzy 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

okay. I'm going to simplify this, to try to break it down and explain to you, then you might grasp the concept. maybe I'm not so good at communicating and explaining.

take one thing. just one thing, and focus on that thing, write it down then go away and do some research and come back and tell me exactly what you found out about that one thing and where you got the information from. TETTRAGRAMMATON

Example: a lot of us used to believe things because we were taught to believe in them. right or wrong it doesn't matter. Our belief systems have changed.

What hasn't changed is there is actually a book called the Bible. (call it a fantasy story if you want, it doesn't matter)

In that book, there is a character, he has a name, it is an obscure name, very difficult to pronounce, it is so old and ancient the language has been forgotten, now noone knows how to truly pronounce that name.

The lead character in the Book, has many titles, but only one name, a personal name, that identifies him specifically from every other being of his time.

the only definite thing to identify this person is

the Tetragrammaton

YHVH as revealed in the Tanakh. YHVH do not deviate. So if we follow YHVH as being THE PERSONAL NAMEof the main character in the book, this is his name. Now, this character is the ancient God of the Bible. This is his Ineffable Name. or the Unutterable Name of the God of Israel.

It is composed of 4 hebrew letters

Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey it. Tetragrammaton means simply ''the 4 letters''

This man Moses, actually met this character in the book, and asked him what was his name.

YHVH .... ''The God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob''

'' YOU want to know my name? I am called according to my actions, when I judge the creatures I am Elohim and when I have mercy with MY world, I am named YHVH

Elohim is the name given for god as the creator of the universe

the name implies, strength, power, justice.

YHVH on the other hand, expresses the idea of Gods closeness to humans.

The bottom line is this. the actual name that people are using as a personal name for this God of the Bible storybook, is not after all HIS name. It is the name of his arch enemy, one of many names used to describe him and who he his, as the villain of the story, Satan the Devil, who personifies evil and wickedness.

In the story book which is very old, 2000+ yrs, names are very important. Names were given with the purpose of indicating specific accounts, events or situations directly relating to the lives of the people who lived in this ancient world of the story book.

One of the greatest errors and deceptions in History is JAHOVAH - JEHOVAH.

Which is why I gave the information on Strongs Concordance, if any one has or can get access to a really old copy, pre-1969 I think. BEFORE there were numerous revisions and updates, all detrimental in accuracy and ('the truth') apparently there was cloaking and unnecessary altering of some very important information.

A 'switch' that is performed in the definiton of the name.

In the story book, there is a god named Jehovah. His name truly describes his character perfectly.

When rightly translated 'yah' = god 'hovah' = wickedness

JEHOVAH IS THE GOD OF WICKEDNESS.

In the story book, Satan's intention is to 'be like God'. His desire to be worshipped 'as god', his desire to receive praise, adoration and prayer as god, has been accomplished. Worship of Jehovah the god of wickedness and evil.

NOT 'THE GOD OF TRUTH +ETERNAL LIFE' Calling the One True God, by the name of Jehovah, god of sin, ruin and perversity is blaspemy.

Now as I said, this was information shared to me as the result of a little chit chat. I went away, I looked it up and researched it. It appears to be true.

Now you imagine your old jw that been serving faithfully for 20,30,40,50,60, years sacrificed their life, a pawn in a game of deception and deceit and subterfuge and trickery .... finding out that they have been worshipping this god, Satan the Devil.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The personality of the God of the 66 books of the bible seems to be morphing along with the evolution of mankinds morals, which is what we should expect if this God along with all the other gods are a product of mankinds imagination(mythology).

I'm starting to take a more analytical view of gods and goddesses and wondering how these mental constructs developed over time and the role these mythological deities play in our evolution of knowledge.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I cannot believe that people who have supposedly studied the bible haven't got a clue what it actually says

BOH thank you, strongs is double dutch to me, Had never even heard of it before.

Now we know the truth about the WT and who is really behind the curtains running the show. whether or not people will accept is a different story.

Jehovah god is a god, Satan the Devil. jehovah god is not the GOD of truth of the Bible.

YHVH is not jehovah.

It is the tettragrammaton - that mush is absolute fact that cannot be argued with yes ???? anyone ???

the tetragrammaton is the Father God of the faithful men of old.

it is that simple.

we have all be part of a world-wide deceitful scam and probably the biggest con job ever in the history of the world.

ps do this little simple test. so simple.

say 'y' what does it sound like, say it softly, does it sound like breath ???

say 'j' big difference dont ya think

Now any questions ?????

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Please read this post by JWN's Leolaia, dear Lost, and you may learn some more !

"The name is not "retroactive" in Genesis. It only has the appearance of this because the Pentateuch is a composite document that combines different sources and redacted material. One of these strands, the Yahwist, claims that God was known as "Yahweh" as far back as Enosh. The other two major strands in the document (Elohist and Priestly Code) however claim that Yahweh was not revealed until Moses' encounter at the burning bush. It is in these passages in Genesis that God is called by other names or is simply termed "God" ('lhym). And "I am" is more of a theological explanation of the meaning of the name Yahweh.

The other names given to God in Genesis, El, El-Shaddai, El-Elyon, El-Olam, etc. indicate that the god presumed to have been worshipped by the patriarchs was the Canaanite deity El, the chief god of the Canaanite pantheon (the epithets given in Genesisall fit very well with the titles and epithets accorded to El in Canaanite texts). The name El goes back through the second millennium BC in the Bronze Age, while the name Yahweh only appears in ancient texts in the Iron Age subsequent to the rise of Israel, and this fits with the claim that Yahweh was adopted only later as a divine name. This fact is also reflected in the theophoric elements in personal and place names in Genesis, which generally derive from El (Ishmael, Eliezer, Eldaah, Bethel, Israel, Peniel, Reuel, Eliphaz). I believe the first name that utilizes YH or YHWH as a theophoric element is Jochebed, the mother of Moses. But interestingly, she is unnamed in Exodus, ch. 2; it is only in ch. 6, AFTER the relevatioin of the name at the burning bush in ch. 3-4 that the narrative names her as Jochebed ("Yah is glory")."

Do you understand what Leo is saying ?

It makes all your YHVH irrelevant, the "personal" name of God is a construct of man.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Phizzy - your not even cpmprehending the point.

instead of listening to other people and following the crowd, go and look it up. go and do some research yourself and fact finding.

does it not even bother you one bit that the millions of people who have and are and will continue to do so, are worchipping not the TRUE of the Bible they think they are - but SATAN the DEVIL ?????

does that not have an effect on you. ?

Whether you believe in a story is irrelevant. But are you going to deny facts without researching them, choosing to follow the crowd. ?

Why else did you post this thread, was it just to pick apart the information I posted, or to compare it to someone else's ?

Go on you tube phizzy. search PROVEN DECEPTION IN THE NAME JEHOVAH and see if you can corroberate the information I have given here, prove to yourelf that it is or is not true, don't just blindly accept something because someone else told you so. Search for facts. Or are you afraid that if you find it to be true it will cause upheavel in your life.

Don't copy and paste what other people are saying. research it yourself and base your opinions on what you find out.

why on earth would canaanites be worshipping the TRUE God ? they were a debased pagan culture, child sacrifice, cannabilism, beastiality ????

• cofty
    cofty

lost - the origins of the names of OT god are all very well documented.

Phizzy is referring to Leo because she once explained it very well on this forum but it is universally accepted by all scholars who are fluent in ancient languages and familiar with the manuscripts.

What is your source for your Jehovah = Satan assertion?

• cantleave
    cantleave

instead of listening to other people and following the crowd, go and look it up. go and do some research yourself and fact finding.

It would appear you know neither Leo or Phizzy. Maybe reading Leo's posts you may actually learn something.

• *lost*
    *lost*

if you read the information you would see where the actual source was listed. which iI guess you have chosen to ignore rather than check it.

also

strongs concordance - which you choose to ignore as source material

and you can add to that Ray Franz's book. = gee, I forgot, that old dude was wrong wasn't he, of course he was apostate

knowing Leo or phizzy bears no relevance to the discussion.

I knew the person who brought me into the wt fake religion too, oh, I forgot, wt is the truth, those who leave it are 'apostates'

• cofty
    cofty

I can't see any source in your post lost.

Can you provide a link please?

I'm not sure what you are saying. We al know the name Jehovah is not authentic but what is it you are asserting about Jehovah=Satan? What is you source for that?

• *lost*
    *lost*

go back and look it is there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit