Global Cooling

by Jomavrick 93 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Joe lol. great to see you have some humour.

Know what make sme laugh about all these regulations on global _____ pick title.

You got little european countries, that have to abide. Change their light bulbs, recycle their rubbish, etc.

Then you have huge countries like China, can do whatever the FK they like - major pollutors.

Easter Island - attenborough did a docu about it. The mystery of what happened. Turns out the most probable explanation was - they destroyed their eco sytem and could not recover. Wiped themselves out.

• prologos
    prologos

@lost: you are right, at easter island they cut down the trees to work those statues, religion did them in.

geia is healing herself, she did after the dinosaur closure.

• besty
    besty
    You got little european countries, that have to abide. Change their light bulbs, recycle their rubbish, etc.
    Then you have huge countries like China, can do whatever the FK they like - major pollutors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“hey marvin - just in the interests of my time suggest…”

Besty,

I read the link you cited. It does not answer my question. It does not speak for you.

In the interests of everyone’s time, how about answering the question asked of what you said.

You wrote:

“The climate responds to the most dominant input - today that is us.”

The question asked:

- So what other inputs are you comparing this to, exactly?

Marvin Shilmer

• *lost*
    *lost*

besty thanks for link. interesting.

Anyone got more info on what the geographical climate .... ( grr memory block). You get what I'm trying to say ?

The middle east and egypt, were so different in ancient days. Rivers, trees etc. But cos they cut down all the trees to build the massive civilisation and pyramids etc... they destroyed the whole balance. Hence why it is now like it is ?

(sorry it's a bit muddled, can't get the words)

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Thanks evryone for the stimulating discussion, it went further than I imagined with my original post. I have to go turn my furnace up I'm a little cold tonight,,,,,,

• *lost*
    *lost*

lol jo - great discussion this. I love this global warming - don't have to light the fire or have the heating on - loads of money dosh dosh dosh. lol

I hate the cold, cuts through me to the bone.

Besty - great link for tragedy of the commons, i am researching it

• brinjen
    brinjen

Speaking of China... they have more than a billion people to feed and provide clean water to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9RLdfLF9E

• besty
    besty

@marvin

I read the link you cited. It does not answer my question. It does not speak for you .

Not sure if you noticed there are Basic and Intermediate sections in the link - perhaps the Intermediate section will help with your question:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/CO2-is-not-the-only-driver-of-climate-intermediate.htm

You can assume that the cited link speaks for me as it in answers in some detail exactly what you asked me. Stop being obtuse.

• mP
    mP

Al Gore is a lying scumbag. He still flies around the world on a private jet which of course contributes a lot more pollution when he could just fly on a regular plane with all the plebs. If he really believed his own story shouldnt he at least try and cut down on his carbon pollution ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit