Global Cooling

by Jomavrick 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

So if I send money to Al Gore to pay for carbon credits, will it warm up the 30 degree temperature outside today?

Pearly on years ago when I realized a few people and organizations were using junk science as away to build a cottage industry of money making and taxing, I knew it was a hoax. Then when the data came back to show the earth has been cooling instead of warming, the con artists changed the label from global warming to climate change.

Believe what you want to, I don't care, but blind allegiance to the GW idea is so similar to JW belief in my mind, blind!

• besty
    besty

jomavrick - if you don't agree with the science, you have to explain why adding CO2 to the atmosphere is not causing it to warm.

The alternative is that you believe CO2 is not a greenhouse gas.

Sidepoint - Scientists have always used climate change and global warming more or less interchangeably. In 2002 it was Republican strategist Frank Luntz who suggested avoiding 'global warming' and using 'climate change' as this was likely to be more acceptable to the Republican audience.

(See page 142 - Redefining Labels)

http://www.politicalstrategy.org/archives/001330.php

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The globe has warmed and cooled many times...this panic is so stupid. We now have a climate tax so gas and electric company can charge double due to this "crisis."

• brinjen
    brinjen

Meanwhile, here in Australia we've just had the hottest summer on record. Seasonal temperatures are getting more extreme.

• brinjen
    brinjen

" The globe has warmed and cooled many times...this panic is so stupid. We now have a climate tax so gas and electric company can charge double due to this "crisis.""

They've been putting the price up on electricity and gas for years now. The carbon tax is just another excuse from them to pass the buck and "blame the government" and the carbon tax for higher bills. Meanwhile AGL have tripled their profits...

• besty
    besty

Utility pricing models don't change the science, nor does the science change what the climate is doing.

As long as utilities are profit making enterprises who are structured to continually sell more and more of their product and thereby increase shareholder returns, I'm not surprised they will use any plausible reason to increase prices.

Having said that the fossil fuel industry is one of the few that can sell a product and not concern itself with the true cost of waste byproducts.

A price signal to business and consumers to become more energy efficient is no bad thing.

• besty
    besty
    The globe has warmed and cooled many times.

Nobody is saying it hasnt.

The climate responds to the most dominant input - today that is us.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Emissions have actually dropped since the introduction of the carbon tax here... by around 8% and it was only introduced July last year.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

That is why it is now called climate change, not global warming. Just look at the arctic ice cap shrinking, and the year round shipping route in the Arctic Ocean. Weather has been affected everywhere, including extremes in heat and cold.

zed

• besty
    besty

There's a strong correlation between ideology and climate change skepticism.

The planet doesn't care about stuff like that, but as the OP said -"its cold outside my window"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit