Global Cooling

by Jomavrick 93 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Can we possibly warm Mars and Neptune by putting CO2 into the air? I don't think so. I doubt there are CO2 machines going on there, and besides CO2 is rather mild as a greenhouse gas (water vapor is stronger).

All that to get your old light bulbs banned. Use the squiggly things, because the older incandescent bulbs are being phased out. I don't know what they are planning for LEDs yet--I switched my squlggly things out for LEDs and got a reduction of 55 watts per bulb-hour in actual usage. (For 26 watt squigglys and 13 watt LEDs). Anyone still using incandescent bulbs can be guilted as "ruining the earth by heating the planet", and those buying squiggly things (especially the GE ones) gets the self righteousness boost. (Anyone else wonder what the other 42 watts was doing?)

• bohm
    bohm

Wtwizard: ffs, that has been debunked 10 times while i have been here.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"@besty

What exactly do you know about the amounts of co2 and their role in temperature change ?"

"betsy:

The last few years have not seen any extreme weather situations. Look at the stats, the worst earthquake was not even in the last 100 years, same goes for faminine, volcanos etc."

Can we possibly warm Mars and Neptune by putting CO2 into the air? I don't think so.

We did it with Venus to make it hotter than Mercury, we can do it again!

• besty
    besty
    It is very much like religion, there are scientist on both sides that promote and discount "climate change" using scientific data.
    Appealing to the public using science is the new game, in the past they used God.

If you want to take a position disagreeing with every national and international scientific association, NASA, the US military and every major oil/gas company then you need to do better than the above.

Oh and BTW - the Artic is melting, case you hadn't noticed.

• *lost*
    *lost*

200 yrs ago. The river Thames in London used to actually freeze over. winter fairs were held on the frozen weather. Not happening today.

I do recall snow was common everywinter in U.K and Ireland. Not happening thees days.

2009 was an abnormally siberian cold winter.

2012 was an abnormally wet YEAR. Continuos rain. (knock on effect to food production, farming, livestock etc.)

2013 april - coldest on record. (knock on effect to food production, grass growth, farming etc )

Do these examples constitute extreme weather. ?

Compare glaciers today with where they were in the 70's (courteous of Attenborough)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Anything that lowers my heating and electrical bills is fine with me.

W

• prologos
    prologos

wtwizard : the 40% of "wasted" energy??? from light bulbs and even the 60 % of visible light, when used indoors are all heating the many houses, that need heating all year round ( any that dont need aircon).

not surprisingly, with the longer days nearer the poles, very little indoor light is needed in the summer there.

destroying the earth Rev.11:18 might be in a different league, like using nuclear outside reactors, bio and chemicals that kill.

The Gaia theory has it that it will all self adjust in a feedback cycle.

all that carbon will be sequestered again.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Make big savings on your electricity bill if you get rid of your electric kettle. Seriously. You'll be surprised. Try it

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“The climate responds to the most dominant input - today that is us.”

Besty,

What other inputs are you comparing this to, exactly?

Marvin Shilmer

• Satanus
    Satanus

I always thought that the sun was the most dominant input of heat on this planet. Dam, was i wrong.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit