Global Cooling

by Jomavrick 93 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

Global warming produces climate change, which will result in weather extremes.

Skeptics love to play in the shadows of misinformation - "ooh you changed the words" "ooh - its cold outside my house"

Pah.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

It is very much like religion, there are scientist on both sides that promote and discount "climate change" using scientific data. I simply do not believe it because it doesnt make sense. I dont believe humans could effect the overall climate even if we wanted to. The history of this planet for one thing is evidence that the climate has always and will continue to change weather there are humans walking around or not.

• mP
    mP

@besty

What exactly do you know about the amounts of co2 and their role in temperature change ? Appealing to the public using science is the new game, in the past they used God. Problem most people know next to nothing about science and even less about the data behind the claims.

• mP
    mP

brinjen

Thats not true, in NSW we had very few hot days during the summer. I dont think we had a 35+ day all summer.

• mP
    mP

Zed

That is why it is now called climate change, not global warming. Just look at the arctic ice cap shrinking, and the year round shipping route in the Arctic Ocean. Weather has been affected everywhere, including extremes in heat and cold.

zed

mP:

The ice melts every year. It even melted 1000 years ago. Have you actually seen the proofs. The weather has not changed. This is the same crap the WTS spews forth when it claims crime, or earthquakes are on the increase etc.

• mP
    mP

betsy:

The last few years have not seen any extreme weather situations. Look at the stats, the worst earthquake was not even in the last 100 years, same goes for faminine, volcanos etc.

• brinjen
    brinjen

" Thats not true, in NSW we had very few hot days during the summer. I dont think we had a 35+ day all summer."

Sydney topped 45 degrees celcius on the 18th of January. Here in Victoria, we had above average temperatures pretty much all summer long.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/records-confirm-this-summer-as-our-hottest-20130301-2f9xh.html

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

mP,

Are you a flat earther too?

zed

• Watkins
    Watkins

I heard that CO2 isn't the biggest concern in "climate instability" as they're calling it now, but methane - from fracking.

watkins

• bohm
    bohm

Man, how many of the denialists has ever tried to read up on the data in a serious journal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit