Is it Time to Stop "Understanding" JW Relatives, and Tell it Like it is?

by cofty 93 Replies latest members private

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Is it Time to Stop "Understanding" JW Relatives, and Tell it Like it is?

The effectiveness depends on whether you are now an Atheist Ex-JW or a Christian Ex-JW.

If you are an Atheist then there is no power in the secular or humanist arguments available to you

that will have any sustainable effect.

If you are a Christian Ex-JW you have enormous power simply through use of he bible.

After all, a Christian wants to obey and follow Jesus Christ right!

Something impossible to do for a Jehovah's Witness in good standing (with the Watchtower Sociey)

Also a truly Christian Ex-JW is not so dismayed at being shunned by his relatives as an Atheist might be:

Loosing your family is an expense that Jesus Christ warned us about:

Matthew 19:28-29

And everyone that has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive many times more and will inherit everlasting life.

Jesus Christ never said that it would be easy.

If you are a Christian EX-JW then please understand that you are paying the price.

Jesus Christ already told us it would be this way!

Maybe that is why I do not hear any Christian EX-JWs complaining.

They already know this!

abe

• jam
    jam

I stopped bending over backwards for my relatives years

ago. If you don,t they will make you feel like poop.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The fire has been lighted!

Luke 12:49-53

49 "I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51 Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52 For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I am thinking that perhaps there might still be some Christian EX-JWs out there who do not appreciate just how narrow, the narrow gate might be:

Matthew 7:13-14

"Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

abe

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's really a no win situation. If you will feel better having no contact rather than little, then go ahead. I certainly understand your feelings, it's like they keep you always wondering when they will contact you, like you are waiting for little crumbs of attention, and are supposed to be grateful they gave you that much. If you do decide to reverse shun, I wouldn't tell them all the things they did wrong as parents because they were dubs, I don't see the purpose, unless to hurt them. Thank them for all that they did do (they did feed and clothe you, right) but tell them that you are very happy in your life, and have no intention of returning to a destructive religion. Say that you have decided you have no room in your life for judgemental relationships and have decided it is better to have no contact. Wish them well, and let them know you are there for them if they ever decide to be parents.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I can only partially understand what you are going through. There is one thing that I think appeals to JW parents. That is this.

They are treating their own flesh and blood with distain simply because of a technicality. You got baptized. If you haden't been baptized, then they would not feel the "obligation" to shun you. So even just using their own logic, does Jehovah want you treated differently than any other person they run across?

Its a conflict few JW's stop to appreciate.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You have to make it their problem.

They chose to raise you in a church that shuns it's ex-members, and denies it's members any 'honorable' way of leaving, even when the church's head honchos 'food at the proper time' is passed it's use by date. The food that was fed to you as a kid is passed it's use by date (quote something from your lifetime that they can't refute) and you want to know why they feel it is ok to shun you for taking heed of Deut 18:20-22, especially when it wasn't your choice to be born to members of that church.

If you got baptised, that was because they conveniently forgot to mention that (quote awkward bit of WT history that occurred before you were born).

Ask questions to get them to lie to you, then quote WT literature and ask them to explain themselves. You don't need to express your own opinion, just make them dig themselves into a hole, then dig their way out again. Make them feel that they have to justify shunning you all over again from scratch..... or broker a truce....

Our truce is .... If you don't talk about religion, I won't make you defend your church hierarchy. It works most of the time.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the only hope one has is to list scriptures written out (they wont look them up) that show that this kind of shunning is wrong then mention the parable about the prodical son and finish with Jesus talking about love and how were not to judge. Prove to them in thier own bible that this is wrong, then you must move on with life.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Crofty there is nothing you can do to open their minds at this point, a recent conversation I had with a elderly JW went like this "Hey, (Mxxxx) what if I live to be one hundred years old and "The End" has not come, should I tell my great-great-grandkids "The Organization say's we are sooooooo clooose to it!" She said "Yes, I would tell them this even if everyone you knew had come and gone, it's the Truth and I won't change my mind!"

When we would go from door to door, a householder said to me "I was born a Catholic and I am going to die a Catholic!", my group with me would snicker and say under their breath, "yes, you are going to die a Catholic!". I thought this was just our local arrogance until the Circuit Overseer and the District Dingleberry Overseer said the same line. These padded idioms must be handed down to us through the Generations of older JWs who feel the need to "Play the Prince Over all Christians besides themselves!" I have come to the realization in the mind of the JW, it's ok to join the United Nations and lie about the forms they filled out.

The Organization could have a Mohammed Momement, "The Satanic Verses In the Quran" where Satan is said to have tricked their Prophet and made him anger Allah (Arabic name coined by early Christians pre-Islamic time to recognize the True God.)only to have Allah-the-merciful forgive him of his demonic possession. I really think the Watchtower could revert back to all of Russells teachings one year, Rutherfords in 2015, move to Freddy Franz in 2016 and regress to 1906 Bible thinkings and the mass majority will consider this their greatest act of faith!

Crofty, there is no logical reasoning until they have seen the festering evil boils we call the Governing Body who plague the entire body of the former Brotherhood! Good Luck with your efforts, it's a noble endeavour but I worry you will end up even more frustrated from their lack of common sense and Biblical ignorance the Society has intentionally inflicted their so-called Sheep with. I wish you were coming from the angle of Bible Truth instead of Atheism because you are offering nothing to fill their spiritual void and that's how they will view your attacks against their faith.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Cofty, Maybe you might want to videotape yourself expressing how you feel. Thats up to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit