WT SHUNNING POLICY: What has it done, or could it do to you?

by flipper 106 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

@flipper--i replied to your message--thnx

• flipper
    flipper

BIGMAC- Thanks for the PM. I PMed you back as well

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT for newer members or anybody else to see they are not alone in being shunned. Lots of experiences here to show many are being shunned by JW reatives or former friends. Take courage ! You are not alone ! We are with you

• smiddy
    smiddy

My daughter in-law has been shunned by her parents and siblings for more than 12 years now ,she was never DF or DA , she just faded . maybe only 3 times did her father ever contact her , the first two times was to try to get her back in the fold, the last time about 2 years ago he seemed to be resigned to the fact it wasnt going to happen and he said "well so long as your happy "though he`s never contacted her since,nor any other members of her family.A few years ago she got a missed call on her mobile,thinking it was from a family member with some news (good or bad ) she contacted her brother , and his words to her was, quote : What do YOU want "

Neither she or my son post here ,they have got on with their life and seem all the happier for it.

We have a neice that has cut off all contact with her mother , sisters ,and all family that are no longer JW`s and she lives in a small town community and for a while she only lived a few doors away from her mother , never inquired or asked about her grandmother when she had a stroke a couple of years ago ,mind you her GM was never a jw but is 92 years old .

And Jehovahs Witnesses still have the audacity to say the dont break up familys ,they are a loving people .

The GB are the religous equivalant of politicians with their ability to "spin" what they say .

smiddy

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The relatives that I have that are still in the JWs, are in short crazy nut jobs, and I'm pretty sure it was that cult that made them that way. After I got through the pain of loosing them, I am finding myself better off without them. To me, they no longer exist, in short they are already dead to me. Even if they ever left, I know that I would never welcome them into my home or even have any dealings with any of them. Even though they are JWs, they are liars, theives, and my own mother stood by and allowed my father (he was never a JW) to abuse me mentally, phyiscally, and sexually. My JW relatives are very toxic people, and I am happy to be rid of those wicked people.

• flipper
    flipper

SMIDDY- It truly is a " spin " that the WT Society puts on JW's to get them to shun their inactive relatives. I'm sorry to hear the shunning thing is happening in your family as well. It's disgusting. WT Society is a hateful organization.

TAMERIA 2001- I'm so sorry that you had such hateful, caustic JW relatives. I don't blame you for not wanting those people in your life. It's dangerous to have people like that around us. I'm sure you are better off without them and I'm sure you have loving friends who are a support to you. You can include me and others here among those friends too ! O.K. ? Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Figured I'd bump this informative thread up with lots of " shunning " experiences and anybody can feel free to add their experiences as well ! Thanks. We are here for you. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• bigmac
    bigmac

can this thread be made a sticky--or whatever---to keep it on the latest page for newbies to see?

the family destruction caused by shunning is--in my opinion---the single most significant reason to stay well away from this evil cult.

• flipper
    flipper

bigmac- I agree this thread is important for newer board members to see they are not alone in dealing with shunning from jw relatives. peace out, mr. flipper i have my sons 20 lb cat on my left shoulder right now purring so i cant hit capitals . typing with just 1 hand. lol..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit