WT SHUNNING POLICY: What has it done, or could it do to you?

by flipper 106 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hi y'all, this is Mrs. Flipper. Please share your experiences with this, or possible consequences of being outed.

This recent controversy and resulting arguments all stem from people being outed - possibly losing friends and family because most JW's will blindly follow the Watchtower's rules to shun them.

Among people I know and experiences read here, the grief and loss caused by this is terrible, and maybe now is a good time to put up some experiences here, and put the focus on the worst villians of all - WT policymakers.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    and put the focus on the worst villians of all - WT policymakers.

Was wondering when someone would say it, although it's probably been said in more words or less and I just missed it. Whether one is pro AAWA, or anti AAWA, pro or con JWN, pro fader or pro coming out with guns blazing, at the end of the day all of this is a result of the WT's policies.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Nothing yet but when the time comes for me to make it clear I will NOT be returning to the KH, I may lose my wife. My parents will shun me as they are uber dubs, along with most if not all of my moms side of the family. Fortunately, my Dads family was never JW so I will always be able to have contact with them. Also, I do not have any close friends who are JW so at least I wont lose any actual personal friends. My story will be like many thousands of others, only proving a little more how damaging this cult is.

• whathappened
    whathappened

My daughter knows exactly how I feel about the Watchtower Society. I have written her and shown her the facts. She said she and her husband are not leaving but they will not shun me as long as I don't bash the Watchtower Society. She acknowledges the fact that this goes against the Society's doctrine. I live in constant fear that she will change her mind. This makes me so anxious and depressed. When I do get to see her and talk to her, I am an emotional wreck.

She shunned me for about 2 months and it was unbearable. I have woken up at night, crying in my sleep over it. I have a 4 year old grandson I will lose also.

I hate the Watchtower Society over their teaching that anyone who doesn't agree with everything they say is an apostate and thereby deserving of shunning and ultimately death.

They are the ones who should be outed, not us.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

When a df person is ignored as if they never exist is very difficult. Especially if the treatment comes from JW friends and relatives. New friends replace old friends, but close family is difficult to replace. Experiences of family breakups are common. When my daughter was df, my whole family stopped going to the kh. We provided support to our daughter who was living at home and no longer a minor. When my daughter eventually moved out of the house, my wife decided to become active again. Nonetheless, supporting our daughter when she was initially df was the best decision we ever made and helped her cope during this rejection by the cong.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

With the exception now of two, maybe down to one, NONE of my old friends in the WT speak to me. The last few faded off, and a heavy conversation recently with one friend whom I knew before we were both JW's, may have gone away as well.

Just seems weird that I have been forced to write off all of my freinds and associattes from the 90's.

• Mum
    Mum

My ex-husband won't speak to his (and my) daughter. She was never baptized, she did nothing to harm anyone, so there's no "reason." He lives in another state. He told her friend that my daughter wouldn't speak to him. LIE!

• flipper
    flipper

TS - yes, my thought was that this cult is so destructive that it sends trouble out as far as this - causing big stress among ex members.

BU2B, whathappened, straightshooter, wha' happened, and mum - it makes me so mad to see what you have to live with because of this cult. I hope things go well for you all in the future.

Thanks for weighing in on this. As many times as I have heard similar stories, it still is mind boggling the damage the WT does. Mrs. Flipper

• Robert7
    Robert7

Shunning was a huge part of what killed Oompa! His parents shunning him really hurt him - A LOT. He wanted SO hard to get them to accept him and talk to him. So sad. I still believe that if there was no shunning, he would still be alive today.

My mom shuns me - even though I'm inactive, I'm not even DF'd!

Shunning is the most unloving, hateful, evil thing any organization can do, especially one that calls itself 'the truth'.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I'm being shunned by 25 close family . Including children and grandchildren . They all live close by .

All because I started asking the wrong questions and insisted on straight forward

honest answers . Free from cult speak .

This is a barbaric evil cult .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit