My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have been away for about ten days and I never thought about the whole AAWA fiasco once.

Now when I switch the board back on what a weird turn of events.

I never thought LL would be silly enough to let Cedars manipulate her like this to be honest.

What else has been happening anything much?

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think any clarification is needed. Her words are pretty transparent IMO.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

" I never thought LL would be silly enough to let Cedars manipulate her like this to be honest. "

Comments like that get me angry because that's a pretty big leap Slim...exactly how would you know that's what took place?

Does LL strike you as silly? Easily manipulated?

Therapists teach us to OWN our expressions when we want to communicate in healthy ways. If a person says, "It seems as if LL is being manipulated and being silly and here's why..." I have no problem with that.

But to make an assertion like the one above speaks for itself.

• Satanus
    Satanus

She came, she left. Whats the big deal. Lots of people come and go.

S

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Six days ago, Lady Lee told all of us good bye. It came as a surprise.

Lee is a trained Therapist.

These are my thoughts: A painter needs to paint. He/she needs a canvas, paints, brushes etc. AND inspiration.

Maybe at this time in Lee Marsh's life, she finds those things at "The Other" site. As a Therapist, she genuinely wants to help people. Does Cedars need help? Of course he does. Can Lee help him? Again, of course she can. If someone needs a personality adjustment, or medication change, or someone who understands the importance of good and bad Public Relations, again I think, Lee is the one. If Cedars had allowed Lee to take charge, while he "rested", I think "The Other" site would not have experienced such horrid birth pains. The FaceBook fiasco would have been fixed immediately, with heartfelt apologies extended. Lee is a fine and good woman, with an intelligent mind and a warm and giving heart. Someone with Lee's credentials is a tremendous help to "The Other" site and to its President and fellow Board members.

I think Lee is capable of unscrambling this mess and with her guidance make it into something worthy of her time and life experiences.

If Cedars listened to Lee, do you think she would have allowed the pictures of the Kingdom Hall with a man in front of the property, giving it the "finger salute"? I don't think so. Funny, maybe, but does it make good PR? No. Is this "Other" site supposed to be known for jokes and raunchiness? Again, I don't think so. Just because you think up something funny, doesn't mean you should say it or print it. Think of your agenda. Think of your audience and play to it. Lady Lee can be funny but also professional. If Cedars will listen to Lee and apply her suggestions, it is possible "The Other" site just might get off the ground and fly. Without Lee, Cedars is flying lead balloons.

Just my observation.

Just Lois

• steve2
    steve2

I don't think it is noteworthy that this thread has grown, nor do I think that LL's departure is a big deal. People come and go all the time - for which they have a perfect right. The "clue" about why this thread has grown beyond an "All-the-best-in-your-new-venture" thread is LL's OP.

Some posters clearly think LL simply signed off with no intention of giving mixed messages. But that is unlike LL: She is a thoughtful, articulate individual who remained conspicuously silent for several days during the aawa tempest and then started this thread, entitling it "My Final Goodbye".

In her OP, LL made it clear that she was not "just" conveying well wishes to the "silent" ones of JWN and - as if she anticipated readers would react to the subtle judgements - she also made it clear she would not be discussing what she wrote. All that is accepted.

However, that does not stop us from discussing it which - because she put it on a public forum - is perfectly okay. I also acknowledge that not everyone saw her OP as negative. I did - and I "own" that as an opinion, even though that has been construed by at least one poster as "proof" I am "a control freak". Again, if we venture opinions on this forum, not everyone is going to agree with us - and some are even going to resort to labeling to hammer home their different opinion. So be it.

Lady Lee made a largely favorable impression during her years as a moderator on this forum - something that cannot be forgotten. As with all people who come and go on this forum at their own free will, that is their choice and I have seen nothing that would prevent her posting here again if she so chose.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lee is a trained Therapist

Really? I doubt very much she is tbh. I Will be honest and say good riddance to her.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Steve2 said:

'Blaa bla blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla.

Blaa bla blaaa bbbla, bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla blla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla.'

S

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Lady Lee,

I just occasionally pop in back to JWN, since post JW life has taken over. I don't want to miss this opportunity to thank you for having been here when I had my little bit of participation in this site. I always appreciated your interventions, your sensitivity to the problem of child abuse and your experience of life in Quebec. I wish you the very best, la vie continue.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Steve2 said:

'Blaa bla blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla.

Blaa bla blaaa bbbla, bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla blla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL a blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla LL bla bla lllbbbaaabbb bllaababababa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla, bla blabbb bla LL bllaababababa bl aaaaa bl aaaaa bbaaabbb bla bla. Blaa bla blaaa blaaa bbbla.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit