My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

While we have never met personally, I know in my heart that if we did, we would be GREAT FRIENDS!

and friends only wish each other the VERY best!

To that I give you my best wishes that you are sucessfull for those that can not speak, helpful for those that need it most

and that you stay healthy and live a long and fulfilling life!

DG

• Simon
    Simon
    I think the point is this; Simon sabotaged Lady Lee's effort to Moderate on the AAWA's threads, and Lady Lee saw that as an infringement on her moral capacity and a disregard for her role on JWN. So She flared up and decided to take the shot.

That is incorrect.

Cedars requested that the topic be locked. I saw no reason for it to be locked so unlocked it and posted a comment to that effect. They obviously really wanted it locked as it was locked again so I again unlocked it and suggested that Lady Lee avoid moderating the AAWA topics so there could be no conflict of interest, even perceived.

That did not mean she was not free to comment or provide any input which would have been useful but I think the AAWA were already in "shun the JWN unbelievers" mode and refusing to speak about anything. So, I don't quite understand all the "remaining silent" stuff because there was no comment and no input and the first I heard about her not wanting to moderate was when I read it on this topic with everyone else.

But, people make their own choices whether we understand the reasons or agree with the decisions.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

That entire exchange reflected more on cedars' character and his own personal playbook than on LL. It is evident that she got in the middle of it at cedars' behest. It was a low-down and sneaky thing to do on someone else's board, and his reputation has suffered greatly since. Though LL probably could have used better judgment by telling cedars to appeal to the site owner or another mod not affiliated with AAWA to avoid a conflict of interest, he should be ashamed of himself for involving a woman with great personal integrity in such a back-handed act.

LL's decision to leave was hers and hers alone. cedars didn't make it for her, and it would be an insult to LL to assume so. Which isn't to say that he didn't chime in anyway with his always over-bearing opinion regarding her being a mod on a site he that viewed as enemy territory. I wouldn't want to be associated with such an unprofessional crybaby as the organisation's president, but LL obviously views it differently. We should all take her resignation at face value and wish her the best in her endeavours.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And the trainwreck that is AAWA continues. Another victim claimed...

If only they knew why they keep wrecking the train, maybe they could figure out how to stop it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Lady Lee,

I wish you the best, I hope you are able to fulfill your desires to give aid to those suffering. You are the captain of your soul enjoy the journey.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Farkel's post was interesting - the prophets worked as individuals, not as a part of a group.

Aside from that, another person writing a 'Goodbye' thread. I've seen my fair share of them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lady Lee, you have a beacon of common sense and informed comment all the time that I have been here.

Whatever the shenanigans going on with AAWA you will be greatly missed on this board. May I wish you well in whatever you do and I know that your commitment to the cause and to helping others is undimmed. Love and peace be with you.

• steve2
    steve2

Problemaddict wrote:

I think its a shame that the ex-JW community seems to turn cannibalistic. Such a small thing unites us all, and Londo said it best. This is a stopping ground for people on their path to somewhere else. Maybe that is what Simon intended all along.

There's nothing quite like hyperbole to torpedo clear-thinking. In the first sentence alone problemaddict manages two unhelpful points:

1) Refering to "the ex-JW community" as if it were a single entity and

2) using the niftily vivid adjective "cannabilistic".

As I stated in my earlier post in this thread, it is a convenient distortion to speak of the participants and many readers of this forum as "a group" sharing the same points of view. We don't - and never will. Provided posting guidelines are not violated, that's as cool as you can get for clear, open discussion.

As for the hyperbolic charge of "the ex-JW community" being "cannabilistic" - how very dramatic a phrase! And how unhelpful. To collapse vigorously expressed differences into eating human flesh is...well an exaggeration to say the least. Again, the heat rises and clarity evaporates into a mist of touchy-feely sentiment.

Fact is Lady Lee did not communicate in person to Simon (which is her choice and right). Instead she chose to post her "parting shot" farewell on the forum in full view for all to read. She then made it clear that, while she was free to sharpen her parting shot to her personal satisfaction, she would not be engaging in any exchange of views about it. Again, that's her perfect right. But just as JW elders like to think their judgements are final, Lady Lee is finding out, it's hard to shut people up who have intact, working brains.

She made faintly judgemental comments about those nameless people who remained silent. Huh? How come it was fine for her to be "silent" up to that point but not for nameless others?? And who specifically? She had her reasons - God knows she should graciously grant others had theirs, that is even if they were on the forum over the few weeks of the AAWA fiasco.

Lady Lee is fully entitled to express her views - but to encase them in a manipulative parting shot to generate more sympathetic heat than light is inviting a variety of responses. Yes, I can validate her ability to have moderated well - she was never ever unfair or unreasonable to me. That acknowledgement is important because it removes the question of whether I have a score to settle with her; I don't.

But to re-read her "Final Goodbye" is to discover slyly embedded judgements. If she "just" wanted to say goodbye and wish everyone well, it would be churlish to question her; but even her "defenders" need to squarely look at the issues she herself opened up - and simultaneously closed down for an exchange - before they feel constrained to speak for the woman who has chosen not to respond but who has proven many, many times beforehand that she is quite capable - should she so choose - to speak on her own behalf.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope the best to you and that you will continue to be part of this forum though not a moderator. May your decisions go well with you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the train wreck keeps moving at break neck speeds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit