My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good grief she said how she felt and she left and over 7000 posts later people are still discussing what she 'really' meant. Weird, just like arguing over what the last days prophecies mean. Am I the only person who finds this really strange?

• besty
    besty
    7000 posts later

7000 pageviews

<runs for cover>

• mind blown
    mind blown

-"you feel the need to use personal labels about me rather than sticking to the point".

How about this point. Without exact proof of LL's interpetations and motive, I personally take YOUR posts as slanderous.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"To those of you who have sat silently and watched and read over the last few weeks I hope you can look into your conscience and say you did the right thing. That you took a stand. That your moral compass is still working" ..Some would feel that quotes such as the above, and others I'm not copying again, make Lady Lee's view of those who said nothing (in what exact context I'm unsure though) abundantly clear. Others such as Mindblown feel that she was saying that those who said nothing were taking a stand of their own.. At the end of the day, what difference does it make? Lady Lee has refused to clarify/discuss what she said in 1 post that is fairly ambigous as a whole.. Why should anyone feel that it is wrong, or even slanderous to discuss the meaning of an intriguing statement, when no negative assertions about her overall character have been made? If it was a passive-aggressive statement or a fond farewell with a moral undertone, what difference does it make to your life or hers? Can't we just agree to disagree and move on.. The thing that draws me to this site over and over again, and that changed my life, is the diversity of thought and free exchange of views.. Just throwing out terms like 'slanderous', even whilst cushioned with words like 'to me personally' (I thought that something is either slander or it is not), can only fuel further fighting or reduce freedom of speech in my view.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One thing I'm sure we all have to agree with is that when Lady Lee says something she obviously means it, three days and nine pages ago she said goodbye here, yet the thread some how lives on

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"[slan-der] - noun 1. false, malicious statement that damages a person's reputation" -- Has steve2 done this? If not, why not move on, accept you have different views.. and stop the pointless fighting? http://dictionary.com/d/?q=slander

• mind blown
    mind blown

-Lady Lee's intentionally embedding her farewell with a well-aimed parting shot.

Really? How do you not know it was not written stream of consciousness .

- "judgementalism that tries to mask itself as a "motherly" nudge at the "silent" people's consciences".

Personal interpetation. Why would she make such a statement of silence, when she knowingly did it herself?

- "to look squarely at what she wrote and what she heavily i mplied about the calibre of people who frequent this forum ".

For a fact, is that what she heavily implied?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

If it was stream of consciousness, Lady Lee must be a naturally organised person.. The structure seemed evident to me.

• steve2
    steve2

Mindblown I acknowledge your point of view and accept that you see me as "a control freak" and my comments as "slanderous".

• mind blown
    mind blown

.... funny how writers can construct "full literary works" in an orginized manner with stream of consciousness..................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................... .................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................... ............................. .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit