My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• free @ last
    free @ last

Steve2 said:

I don't think it is noteworthy that this thread has grown, nor do I think that LL's departure is a big deal. People come and go all the time - for which they have a perfect right. The "clue" about why this thread has grown beyond an "All-the-best-in-your-new-venture" thread is LL's OP.

Some posters clearly think LL simply signed off with no intention of giving mixed messages. But that is unlike LL: She is a thoughtful, articulate individual who remained conspicuously silent for several days during the aawa tempest and then started this thread, entitling it "My Final Goodbye".

In her OP, LL made it clear that she was not "just" conveying well wishes to the "silent" ones of JWN and - as if she anticipated readers would react to the subtle judgements - she also made it clear she would not be discussing what she wrote. All that is accepted.

However, that does not stop us from discussing it which - because she put it on a public forum - is perfectly okay. I also acknowledge that not everyone saw her OP as negative. I did - and I "own" that as an opinion, even though that has been construed by at least one poster as "proof" I am "a control freak". Again, if we venture opinions on this forum, not everyone is going to agree with us - and some are even going to resort to labeling to hammer home their different opinion. So be it.

Lady Lee made a largely favorable impression during her years as a moderator on this forum - something that cannot be forgotten. As with all people who come and go on this forum at their own free will, that is their choice and I have seen nothing that would prevent her posting here again if she so chose.

-----

Excellent comments Steve2 as always

Although I must say Satanus interpretation of your comments were pretty hilarious. I would have expected that more from Outlaw.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I don't think you need years of college to become a trained therapist. Once upon a time, one had to work with a agency and learn from their teachers and professionals to become a therapist.

Lady Lee has more life experience dealing with active and inactive, faders and lurkers, in some churches she would qualifty with all his past experience as a trained therapist. I don't know what the requirements in Canada are, we can't say she is not trained if we don't know all the methods to qualify to become one are.

Why does this thread continue? I think the Forum feels like they lost a piece of their heart with Lady Lee's departure, maybe she was not as active with her postings over the last few months but she would emerage when a troubling thread developed and add her wisdom to it. The thread continues and will because Lady Lee was compassionate, cool and kind, not afraid to answer a question no matter what it was. I like her honesty and believe as Steve and Simon have said, she made her intentions clear on her original thread. One point troubles me and that was qouting Ray Franz about silence, we are all guilty of not joining every thread and every topic that emerges because we are not the Everlasting Bunny, our emotional resources are limited and some of the threads will drain us faster than others, that's one point I think Lady Lee miscontrued a large majority of silence to represent a possible position of "Yeah or Nay" to a issue the group might not even have considered or pondered.

I like Lady Lee and apparently almost 99% of JWN loved her posting too, she will be missed and it sucks Cedars snaked a high player from JWN.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

One point troubles me and that was qouting Ray Franz about silence, we are all guilty of not joining every thread and every topic that emerges because we are not the Everlasting Bunny, our emotional resources are limited and some of the threads will drain us faster than others, that's one point I think Lady Lee miscontrued a large majority of silence to represent a possible position of "Yeah or Nay" to a issue the group might not even have considered or pondered.

No one should feel guilty about not posting on every thread that is created on this board. Some of the emotional gut wrenching threads are hard enough to read and get my mind around nevermind trying to post something coherent on said threads. Best I can do sometimes is read the thread then I'm out.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just saying this again. Lamest thing I ever encountered in online forums, are GOOD BYE threads. Your not really here, you are in your own life. If you feel the need to say good bye from this place. It is saying you got too attached emotionally and I hope you cure this with your exit. At the same time, it is embarassing as hell and makes me loss respect for those who do say good bye and come back. As no one ever locked you to the front door with hand cuffs, you click the link with your own will and power. Some times it appears we need a AA club for people to get out of these forums and step down the seriousness just a few large notches! The internet has been, and will ever be, a place where weak people can say strong things they would never say face to face. Basically, if "leaving" (taking a break) helps. Do it, but maybe with a silent exit and not grasp for attention fan fair to hope someone begs you to stay. For that is LAME LAME LAME! Always thought that, always will.

• *lost*
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Lee is a trained Therapist

Interesting... I wonder if she gives people advice to have their say, tell people they are not going to discuss what they have said, and leave? That would work wonders in ANY relationship wouldn't it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

No one should feel guilty about not posting on every thread that is created on this board

If she is a professional therapist...that behaviour is disgraceful. I HATE people who try to make others feel guilty because they don't get what they want....

This thread IS a big guilt trip...thats why it has received such a negative response from many people.

• *lost*
  • still thinking
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"I HATE people who try to make others feel guilty because they don't get what they want.... "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit